ugh

Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ugh

Sometimes I am strong and sometimes, like now, I am weak. It is one month as of today for our break up...and I'm awake hours before my alarm is scheduled to go off. Rehashing everything... I want to sob and roll into a ball. It hurts so incredibly bad. I opened my eyes and it was like an arrow pierced my heart. A flood of memories.. My life is simpler; yet I keep feeling like I am the one that has lost out. I pray and my eyes still refuse to close. I am so tired...just drained to the core. I miss the good parts of him. I miss who I thought he was. I miss my ignorance of alcoholism's effect on others. I miss holding hands as we fell asleep. I miss my bestfriend.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I also miss those things about my XAH. But I don't miss the insanity that went with his alcoholism. I've gotten my life back to "normal" and it feels wonderful. You will, too, TeetahLee. Be gentle with yourself.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I kept a record of my *funk* days. I have a medical history of clinical depression. I keep a log of my down/funk/blue days so that I can catch myself getting stuck in depression.

It's okay to seek medical attention if you feel you are unable to recover from the depression of grieving the end of a relationship. It is something positive you do for yourself.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When my bouts of bad days were at the very darkest, I practiced a kind of focused observation. I had spent so many years in and out of dark moods without ever paying attention. When I began to simply notice and acknowledge when I was moving in or existing in a darker place, it helped remove some of the anxiety from the situation. I literally said to myself in a mirror, "I am here, this is where I am, it's not where I want to be, and it will not last."

I realize now that I was giving myself permission to feel the terrible things I had fought so long and so hard to push away. Some days? All I needed to do was acknowledge it and accept to begin moving out of it. Some days, of course, it wasn't that simple. I, too, have lain awake at 4 in the morning missing things and hurting. I am so sorry you are going through this. All I can tell you is that, in my experience, it got better. It really, really did.

Sending you strength and ((hugs)).
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much.