Apparently I caused his drinking.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

If you caused his drinking...then...I'm the Pope...Ms. Pope to him.

Lots of good posts before me. Set your bounderies and stick to them.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by owathu View Post
Thanks everyone for the kind words. What he said really really stung. Apparently his affair wasn't traumatic at all and I should just shut up about it. If he is sober, I am truly happy for him. And I would be perfectly fine with our marriage ending to have him sober.

Other than that, I am truly seeing him, the real him. Not the fantasy I have had in my head for the last decade. He is not that fantasy I had of him. This cruel person, drunk or sober, that's the real him.
amen to that!!! my XAH was the worse when sober, he drank 9 months after the divorce (separation) and even we had NC he still blamed me!!

Yes, we are still in love with the Illusion!! but it is just that an illusion! Keep your head up !! God has something much better for you!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
KKE

It wasn't until I came on this site that I realised that blaming is what most A's seem to do. My A loves to blame me for his addiction and it got to the point where I actually believed it. I am now starting to understand that he is going to drink with or without me in his life.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yup. We all saw you. With that funnel and sledgehammer beating those bottles of vodka down his throat while he was fighting you off going, "no, no, you evil wench, leave me alone!"

Puhleeeze.

Here's what I know about active alcoholics: They will deny the bleeding obvious and claim the total opposite even in light of overwhelming evidence. They will push any and all responsibility to whoever is closest.

If he lived alone with a cat, the cat would "make him drink." Yup.

My AXH was more subtle. After I left him, he asked me if I had ever considered why he had to drink all those years we were married, and if I wasn't going to have any insight into the shortcomings that I had that drove people around me to doing desperate things.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Yup. We all saw you. With that funnel and sledgehammer beating those bottles of vodka down his throat while he was fighting you off going, "no, no, you evil wench, leave me alone!"

Puhleeeze.

Here's what I know about active alcoholics: They will deny the bleeding obvious and claim the total opposite even in light of overwhelming evidence. They will push any and all responsibility to whoever is closest.

If he lived alone with a cat, the cat would "make him drink." Yup.

My AXH was more subtle. After I left him, he asked me if I had ever considered why he had to drink all those years we were married, and if I wasn't going to have any insight into the shortcomings that I had that drove people around me to doing desperate things.
Jaysus! I can totally see my AH saying this exact same thing!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

If you talk to him again would you please let him know that he made me just eat a doughnut I didn't need and I am really pissed off about it.

Quack quack quack
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
If you talk to him again would you please let him know that he made me just eat a doughnut I didn't need and I am really pissed off about it.

Quack quack quack
Thanks for that, you just made me laugh for the first time today!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good I am glad you laughed! Humor gets me through life.

Reality is your husband no more made me eat a doughnut than you made him drink. Fact. I have found with RAH when he made ridiculous accusations I threw them right back at him.

AH - "you made me get upset and say things I didn't mean its not my fault I said you're an awful person and I want to move out"

Me - "oh wow I am sorry. 20 years ago you made me call my boss an ******* and I got fired from my job".

AH - "I didn't even know you 20 years ago that's ridiculous!!!"

Me - I know but its still your fault.

He doesn't do that anymore.