Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Ah said he will lose house before he lets me stay here..........

Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I tried to have a civil conversation with the Arse. I have a son who lives here and an old dog - we have a fenced yard. I pay the mortgage - he does not - he probably cannot as he does not make the money for one and has never paid more than $400 a month to live anywhere - we live on a river. He just said I was leaving not him - he would let the house be foreclosed on before he let me stay here without him. What in the hell is that? I have no family- he has parents with a huge house where he has a bedroom cause this is not our first rodeo. I guess the only way I will get away is to just leave and let the moron do just that - it is not like we have a lot of equity if any in the house. His parents put down $33,000 so he would let them lose money just to be an asshat. I could go to an apartment that takes dogs - I would have to walk him but I could - I have a perfect mortgage history but judgements from you know who- I can declare bankruptcy I guess. Just need to be happy and if he is that stupid- he took zero responsibility zero - flipped everything on me - and my son- started cussing and I said - not listening to that. He said he could stay miserable forever - he didn't care. I said come January 1 - I am not paying the mortgage alone - do you hear me - he said then we will be foreclosed. I am gonna pay half until I figure out what to do . If he doesn't pay half - it is on him. I could care less - what a pitiful excuse for a man. I feel like a moron but can be happy - I swear to God I have got to do this. I don't know why I just can't - I am scared - work on 100% commission - I have been paying my own bills so I don't know why I am so scared. CRAP!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He sounds like a spiteful lil pr!ck! Can I say that? lol
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You need to speak to an atty. If this is in the US, then he can be ordered to continue to pay the mortgage (at least half) while a divorce is processed.

He may also be ordered to leave the house and let you stay in it.

What will his family say/think about letting the house go back to the bank?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can only emphasize that you have a good attitude to save yourself!

Our biggest enemy is thinking that we have control over another person.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you have a child with him you would most likely get the house until the child is 18 at least.

Is it in both your names?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

See an attorney. They helped me when my ah refused to move out. I did pay 100% of the mortgage but that was nothing new and I wanted my equity and good credit do I could buy a different house that I could better afford.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Definitely see an attorney. He can't get away with that.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We don't have any children together - my son is over 18 and in college living with us. The house is in both of our names.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Can you buy him out?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

He is being a bully.
He is being a big bully.

Talk to a lawyer and find out what your rights are.

In my divorce, I learned that my inheritance I put down on our marital home would be considered marital property unless I could prove it was from my inheritance. I keep good records. I was able to prove the down payment was mine. The home was not in my name, however.

Talk to a lawyer and find out what your rights are.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I agree , see an attorney asap.

A house is an asset that you may be able to use to your advantage in the future.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((RHS))

I agree with the suggestions of seeking legal counsel if you have not yet done so ~

Each State has different laws concerning domestic issues ~ Louisiana is one that has some tricky laws.

Many of the long term members here will remember my story - to be honest it is not one of the best examples & not the most encouraging about this type of thing - my ex was able to keep the house, I had to file bankruptcy to keep my paycheck from being garnished to pay for the house while he lived in it (after it had already been garnished for his other bills, that I had NO knowledge of)

Yes, it ruined my credit, yes I had to basically start all over ~ but at that point in time in my life ~ I decided I would rather live in a cardboard box on the side of the road then continue in the insanity of living in that house with the active disease.

So, I turned my will & my life over to the care of my God, as I understood Him ~ I sought His guidance & followed it to the best of my abillity ~

You know, i never went hungry, I never had to find that cardboard box & yes it was difficult, but I made it ~ and every night was pinkfully peace.

Just my e, s, & h ~

PINK HUGS,
Old 12-11-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Cute...aren't they? It is all a game to an addict, they are cocky and so filled with themselves, that they will say anything to get what they want.

Go to an attorney, let the attorneys, hammer it out. Most addicts have the attention span of a 3 year old, so, he will grow tired of the entire process real quickly and move onto something else. They are all talk, little action.