Doing everything I should, but still feeling lousy

Old 11-01-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey I'm sorry that sucks - it sounds like it is a good thing that she's moved out. I know what it is to love someone that is so problematic. Towards the end mine was nearly impossible - picking fights over meaningless cr*p, being rude, insulting and obnoxious, constantly putting me down, always being late, getting into fights with other people, being drunk all day, lying, temper tantrums, projecting all of HIS issues onto me then saying I was projecting onto him, gaslighting, doublespeak, well the list could go on and on. I'm in therapy trying to detox from all the garbage he put into my head and get my self esteem back.

Your sanity and the sanity of your daughter is the most important thing. I would not let her come back even though the withdrawal process is excruciatingly painful. Loving them is like loving a venemous snake. Keep your distance from this toxic and unhappy person.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Ah, yes.... the blame-shifting when you stop engaging. Looking for ways to get you to re-engage. I called it Tazmanian Devil Syndrome because AH would just spin & spin & spin, looking for things to fight about to deflect attention (& in his mind, responsibility) off of him & onto me. He could start a war of an argument over which shade of blue to call the sky.
What a familiar scenario... yes they are truly crazy making and anxiety provoking!