Thank you for being here

Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you for being here

Yes thank you. I suppose I am not the only one who feels they are on an island in the middle of nowhere.

So my relapsed AH didn't drink for 2 days after admitting he had been drinking. Today he apologized to me for making a mistake. I kind of but not quite for a second thought maybe he came to his senses.

Then I went to the store. He text me would I pick up some OJ he felt like a drink. Then said instead he preferred to go to the local bar tonight he hoped I felt like it and .....this is not going to be a habit its only because we are on vacation.

When I got home without the OJ I pulled out the vodka bottle. Yes I marked it. 1 inch down. He then passive aggresively insisted on going to the bar. I went. Why? to avoid a fight. I feel like a piece of sh**. But I cannot deal with is temper. I don't want to fight with him anymore I just want him gone. he drank 4 drinks I can't even tell he has had one. He has been drinking much longer than I thought. I cannot watch this. I have no desire to try and "help" I only feel like surviving myself.

I am not asking for advice though it is welcome. I only feel better to put it out there and let someone know who understands how difficult it is to watch someone destroy themselves and everything you have worked for. I keep quiet and plan and feel like a betrayer yet I will continue to do so. I feel like I don't know this person and I don't! Its such a strange feeling.

He is very happy and content. He thinks he has me, he knows I don't agree yet he is trying desperately to prove to me I am wrong.

This sucks.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

The only person fooled by his ability to 'handle' alcohol is him.

I'm glad you are here.
This is a wonderful place to grow in recovery.

Wishing you a peaceful journey.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
The only person fooled by his ability to 'handle' alcohol is him.
Yes, this. Hugs,
~T
Old 10-26-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it is such a surreal feeling to be so close to someone, yet not know them any more. I find that to be both scary and sad.

Sending you good vibes.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

We're glad you're here. No advice, because I don't really think any is needed at this point. You seem very self-aware. This is just another step toward recovery.