Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Need Help - Leading first co-ed AA/Alanon meeting with Spouse

Need Help - Leading first co-ed AA/Alanon meeting with Spouse

Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Need Help - Leading first co-ed AA/Alanon meeting with Spouse

Hello SR!! I'm shouting out to all of you for help. I have been asked to lead tomorrow night's "couples" meeting for AA/Alanon. I am the Alanon my RAH is my spouse and co-leader. This is a TOPIC night and we are free to choose. I am honored and blessed to have been asked. I am fairly new to the program so I have to admit I'm a little nervous

My question is: TOPIC'S!!!! I have thought about talking about "Boundaries without Manipulation" Last week the leader did "Emotional Maturity".

Anyways, any insight on a topic would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly open to talk about anything. I would love to touch on something that people don't feel are discussed enough OR something that really helped someone.

((I can see my ACoA stuff coming out -people pleasing- so I will leave it at that)) Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Old 08-23-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gratitude is always a good one - or the AA promises
Old 08-23-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"Boundaries without Manipulation"
sounds excellent to me, and something people on both sides of the fence can appreciate!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My RAH and I are still discussing what would be good for both of us and I think we might be doing "Staying In Today" like what things we do to be healthy in today and not focus on the past or project to the future. I think my hubby and I did a great job communicating what would be most comfortable for both of us. Thank you for your responses. I really do like the gratitude idea too - I will add my daily gratitude list to my part of staying in today. Awesome! Thank you so much for your help xo
Old 08-23-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I went to a meeting recently where the topic was "self care." People talked about what they did to take care of themselves. Everything from Al Anon steps to meditation to skydiving to cleaning closets, LOL. It was a great topic and seemed to cover a wide range and everyone from newcomers to oldtimers really seemed to enjoy it.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh SoaringSpirits that is awesome too!!!! I will add that into my part I have 7 to 9 minutes to discuss so (to me) that's a LOT of time Thank you so much - I love that!!