Is there a rock bottom?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there a rock bottom?

My AW, who I just separated from told me today that she got fired from her job. No surprise there. But she was planing on keeping the house, and I was going to help her out for a few months. But if she doesn't have a job she can't afford it. She said she wants to keep it for this month. But she won't talk to the landlord. He thinks we will be out on the 15th.

I called her this morning, and saidI was going to get some things and she wanted me to talk to him for her. I told her that was her responsibility. And she hung up on me.

I honestly don't know how I lived with this for 2+ years and married her.

I'm thinking I just have to get the most important stuff out of the house and leave the rest. And hope the landlord will evict her if she doesn't move out and hope he shows mercy on me and let's me get the rest after she leaves.

The way she is acting is making it really easy to detach at least. She has her current boyfriend and the guy she was dating before we got together at the house right now. That makes it easy to detach, she obviously doesn't need me, but I don't want to deal with that when I go to get my stuff.

Thanks for listening. I feel like I am one step away from the crazy house. But I'm making it, I'm stronger than I thought possible.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Android, glad to hear you are doing better

As far as your belongings and the apartment, I wouldn't put this on your landlord. The last thing they want (I was one for awhile) is to deal with your personal issues. They have a property to rent and there is no guarantee that if they evict her that any of your stuff isn't going to be just thrown out at the curb.

Also, depending on how you signed your lease, you could be liable for any damage she does or any unpaid rent.

You need to protect YOURSELF at this moment and contact the landlord to let him/her know the situation. Don't expect her to do it, don't expect the landlord to feel sorry for you or expect someone else to take care of this. The landlord is more likely to be in your favor if you don't suddenly surprise him with this situation. Hoping that everything will fall into place is not taking an active stance. You might as well be running across a busy road with your eyes shut hoping no one hits you.

Tell him YOU will be vacating before the 15th and have no idea what her plans are. Ask about the security deposit. Find out what WILL happen if she's not out on the 15th and if it affects YOU in any way. ASK so you have the information you need to get yourself out of this situation.

Then let her deal with the fallout when he goes to evict her.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you itsmylifenow. I plan on calling him and letting him know. My mom was a landlord also, so I know how it goes.

Anything I leave at the house, I will not expect to ever get back. I hope to just move everything, but I don't know if she will let me and the the cops would get involved, I just see it as a bad situation. I don't want to leave the landlord on bad terms. I guess I better get ready for some packing.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I should have clarified before that she talked to the landlord about staying and they are signing papers on Monday. I got most of my stuff out of the house today. I told her I would be there at 9 and she said I lied to her, because I told her I would be there at 6, and I was there at 6, but I didn't get it all so I'm going back in the morning.

I am stupidly giving her the money for most of next months rent in a check made out to the landlord. And I am going to call him after I get all my stuff out of the house and Let him know all that. Well, just that I am out and gave her money for rent. Not this whole crazy story.

thanks again for the info, it was really helpful. I don't always seem to think straight!!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by android1 View Post
I am stupidly giving her the money for most of next months rent in a check made out to the landlord. And I am going to call him after I get all my stuff out of the house and Let him know all that. Well, just that I am out and gave her money for rent. Not this whole crazy story.
take a deep breath! BREATHE....

lessoned LEARNED...you know now....we all slip up...dont be so hard on yourself...
Old 08-12-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I knew I hit rock bottom when I decided to quit digging.