What will you do for yourself today?

Old 08-02-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What will you do for yourself today?

I'm sitting here with my first cup of coffee and planning my day.
When I do that, I try to include doing one thing for myself.
Sometimes, it's treating myself to a piece of pie in the cafeteria (life's too short to skip dessert every day! ). Sometimes it's taking a long walk in the woods before bedtime. Sometimes it's coming home from work, making a big pot of my favorite tea, putting on my fleece jammies, and holing up in my bedroom with tea and books.

If I don't plan it, I can forget to take care of myself. And caring for myself, loving myself, is my best insurance against dysfunctional people. I don't need other people to validate my existence. I am enough.

What are you doing for yourself today? I'm going to the gym to sweat and watch some Olympics.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am hoping to be able to jump in my hot tub after work this evening. I tried last night but some ***** bought the half-finished foreclosure a few lots over from us & they've been working on the repairs most evenings. Now I need a privacy screen or something because I find it too eerie to try to relax if I think someone is watching me. I was too rushed this morning to start my day with it but hopefully it'll work out tonight.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

I am making sure I go to my Thursday meeting (been skipping it a lot lately) and then out for coffee and a treat with my friend/sponsor.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am going to go home, walk my dogs, eat some dinner. Then, I am going to take a hot bubble bath (in the dark, with candles), get into my comfy winter flannel pjs (even though the AC is blasting), lay in bed with my 2 dogs and cat, and watch a Law and Order marathon. Then sleep peacefully, knowing that the only drama I have to deal with is on television (and I can just turn that off with a click of the remote).
Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm going to work.
Ha!
What? A lot of you are saying...!
For me, it is reverse of many others here.
I freeze and don't work when I am upset, and I am self-employed.
The best thing I can do for myself is work, and I will feel great about it after I've done it.
I work everyday, but one particular area of my work I have neglected for a couple months during this transition moving out of exah's house.
Sometimes what we need to feel better about ourselves is attack that thing that we keep putting on the back burner, that thing that is nagging at us in the back of our mind, that thing that the more we procrastinate the worse we feel about ourselves.

I am going to do something for myself today...I am going to work...lol
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am having dinner with a friend. She has been sick and I am looking forward to reconnecting with her.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

• I'm ringing a friend to organise a get together at the weekend,
  • I'm doing another row of tiling in the kitchen (slowly, slowly catchee monkey on this one, I've spent 4 weeks staring at the tiles in "preparation" for the first row)(this IS for me - I am slowly changing the home we shared and he largely designed into one that I love
  • and by hook or by crook, I will sleep in my own bed tonight - my new (very old) bed is just tooooo comfortable and the children sneak into it before I get to bed leaving me no room - but tonight I will be firm with them!.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I am going to go for as many short walks as I can, for exercise. And I am going to work on my Al-Anon ACoA workbook.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have zero motivation today which is unusual. I'm frustrated for reasons I cannot name. I ran some errands, and am off work tonight so I'm going to cook myself some aglio e olio with asparagus and squash and feta, soak in the jacuzzi tub afterward and read.
Sometimes I just need a down day
Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am going on a coffee date tonight.

I told my date I am not a big drinker and I don't like the way alcohol makes me feel. +! for me!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow -- that's a lot of good stuff! I want some of that pasta... and some of that hot tub (or hot bath)... and I get the "going to work" too. When I was in the thick of separation & divorce, WORK was a lifesaver. It was the one place in my life where I felt competent and sure of what I was doing and appreciated.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i spent the morning with my momma shopping for curtain fabric for my new classroom, and trying to keep my mind off of my xabf. i came home to find my mailman walking the neighborhood in 100+ degrees, so i gave him a nice cold bottle of water, and am now watching olympic rowing, browsing pinterest, and catching up on sr. i think i might work on organizing my closet later on tonight, and *maybe* i'll unpack the last few boxes i still have sitting around my house.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hexipuff

Play with our new kitten, drink tea and read SR and Pinterest

Coolbeans

Isn't been sober about having evenings!!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am "working from home" today, and in between tasks, painting a new (to me) table to make into a desk for my daughter's room. And although its pouring down rain, I am going to take the dogs for a walk anyway. And I am not going to care that my truck is going to stink like wet dog for at least a week.

P.S. Just watched a young Mom and her toddler in matching yellow rain coats go splashing through the huge puddle in front of my house! Now that's fun!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tuffgirl, i jump in puddles with my son in the rain too. He squeels he loves it so much!

For me it's doing something too. I will probably sweep my floors, and work on my sons b-day gift. I need it to be ready in a week.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Drank lots of chamomile tea, took a bath, put on a exfoliating mask. Reading "Emotional Sobriety" and going to bed early is next.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am going to sleep in my very own very new very beautiful sofa bed this evening after I watch TV sitting on my very new beautiful blue sofa (bed) with my very new light on the new end table! No more air mattress! No more folding camping chair! And I have new blue sheets!

Such little things give me such pleasure

BothSidesNow