This IS a lawyer's job, right?

Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
Restraining orders typically say that the other person can't send messages via someone else, too, right? So following through with his request would mean that YOU were violating the restraining order as well as him, yes?
I don't know, it depends on the state. And the restraining order is against him not me.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I understand the unhealthy communication style of triangulation; however, due to the restraining order his request sounds legit due to the financial strain it could cause to all parties.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It all boils down to the fact that your father refuses to accept that your mother is divorcing him. Well, that's just too bad. Him blackmailing you in an attempt to get you to intercede on his behalf with your mother is wrong. You can either continue to deal with it, or do whatever is necessary to get yourself to a point where you do not need his financial help. Otherwise, nothing is going to change. It's totally up to you.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

<delete> Kind of went off on a tangent.

I agree with Suki's synopsis.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
Restraining orders typically say that the other person can't send messages via someone else, too, right? So following through with his request would mean that YOU were violating the restraining order as well as him, yes?
This is most definitely a violation of the restraining order. It should be reported. You should tell your mom that he tried to contact her through you. This is between your mom and dad. The restraining order has nothing to do with you. If your mom were to use you to contact your dad, she would also be in violation. But you have nothing to worry about if your mom reports this as a violation.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

victim or volunteer ?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sparklingeyes View Post
Legit, as in they will need to pay $400 for one message.
Paying $400 for one message is the natural consequence of behaving so poorly towards someone else that a judge gives them a restraining order against you.

Having a check bounce and needing to spend $400 to ask another person to fix the problem you caused, is the natural consequence of financial carelessness. As is getting a bad mark on your credit report. There it are worse tragedies; your parents will live if happens to them.

Never interfere with the natural consequences other people have brought down upon themselves.

I am concerned about your father calling you names. This is abuse and it's damaging. You might want to rethink your dependence on your father and the money and phone and whatever he gives you. It's better to live an abuse free life with a tracfone than be beholden to an abuser but carrying an iphone.

In the meantime, while you figure it out, I'd just be unavailable to both parents.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

With a restraining order I do not think he is supposed to contact her through you- if nobody fixes his problems- who's problems will they be ?
Old 08-04-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

With a restraining order I do not think he is supposed to contact her through you- if nobody fixes his problems- who's problems will they be ? Just say Dad- this is your problem. They react like the age they started using- my XAH was about 12yrs. old (emotionally)......AND try applying step 3. <3