codependant

Old 01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

codependant

I am filing for divorce from my alcoholic husband. He has been out of work for more than a year, and I have been supporting us. What prompted me to do this? I recently got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
Suddenly I needed to be taken care of, and frankly his behaviour was literally making me ill.

Thanks for listening.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Welcome sm. That's what alcoholics do. Make themselves and their families ill. Not their fault. They have a disease that makes them want to drink regardless of the consequences. But if the consequences to you are too great to bare, you must do what is right for you. No matter what choice you make, you will find love and support here. You can pour out your heart or chat about nothing. The important thing is that you are not alone!! Peace, Magic
Old 01-09-2004, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome SM!

Lots of open ears (eyes?) here, an open forum to say what's on your mind, soul-searching, venting....whatever your mood.

My favorite is what Magic said..."or chat about nothing!".

Meet me, the Queen of Chat About Nothing, lol.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

(((((sm))))))))

Welcome to SR....I will give you the same three C's that were given to me when I came into Al-Anon..

You didn't cause it.
You can't control it,
You can't cure it.

You are only alone if you chose to be... We are here at SR 24/7 and through it may take us a while to get back to you, someone is listening and will reply asap..

You sound like above all you really need a support group you can come to...We understand as prehaps few others can...We have been there to one way or another..So come on in, have a cup of coffee and know you are welcome...

Love and prayers from one who cares,
Daffodil
Old 01-10-2004, 05:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please. Do what you need to do to take care of your self. I read somewhere that stress isnt good for people with MS.

And if you need to talk there really is someone here at all hours. Since there are people in ALL the time zones. California, UK, FRance, Austrailia. And Im sure I missed some.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome sm!

I am relatively new also. My mom is an alcoholic and I just recently realized how much I (mememe!) needed support and help, because nothing I did helped her. We have been very close growing up, which is why is it so painful. Alcoholism is just a wedge for us and she doesn't even know it!
Anyway, I am glad you are here! I try to read a few posts a week so I can continully keep perspective and the realization I am not alone. It sure makes being 'strong' a lot easier in groups!

I don't know the details of your husband, but your health is important. It sound like you have made some serious and strong decisions about what you need.
Feel welcome here!

Kyla
Old 01-11-2004, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

I just want to thank all of you who have replied and made me feel welcome.