What did I just say?- I dont know...

Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What did I just say?- I dont know...

For some time now I've been feeling like nobody's listening when i speak. I always try to give my full attention when the people in my life come to me with a problem, issue or just to have a plain old chit chat sesh but don't feel like i get the same in return sometimes. For instance, my Mom came over earlier, i was sitting on the couch while her and my DS were playing right next to me and i was telling her about a recent visit in the park i had with my XABF aunt (it went fine), and she was listening and reciprocating at 1st, then i could tell she wasnt paying attention anymore. So I said, "Mom,you're not listening": her response, "i'm playing with my grandson & yes i am!" "Then what did i just say Mom?"--- "I dont know." -_________- Then she started talking about some Healthcare thing involving Rick Perry,as if my conversation never happened, to which i replied "what? im not listening." Immature i know but im just like jeesh! I know she was playing with my son, but its not like they were running in circles or reading a book! Id rather she just hadnt listened from the get go. This is not the only time ive felt like this, and shes not the only person ive felt like this with. I listen to people yammer away but then when its my turn its like the conversation is of no importance or something to ignore. I dont know. Maybe im just being an over dramatic brat but do you guys understand where im coming from or am i really a martian from Zorgon who just needs to get over myself!? These types of repetitve situations make me feel like cutting myself off from the people i love most and who have always been there for me. Ive already dealt with enough unbalance with my XA, do i really want to deal with it from friends & family?! HELL to the m'fn NO!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand the feeling of feeling like no one listens or cares enough to listen.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it sucks Chrisy! Especially when its the people you are supposed to be the closest with!! ugh
Old 07-11-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know the feeling well. I am often interrupted by someone else in mid sentence. They just start with a new conversation, like I'm not even there. With my AW, I ask her if I can finish & continue. Sometimes I wait till I know they're listening, then I finish. It is annoying because I do listen to them & contribute to what they're saying. It's very rude. I think some people just get used to not paying attention to & not expecting to hear from a person that they just tune them out. Sometimes I think they're just too damned wrapped up in their own little world to care. Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I get ignored in conversation too. I get angry about it sometimes. And sometimes I realize, these people are just living their lives in their own brains and I'm living my life in my brain, we just happen to be in the same physical space and our brains are just not connecting.

I'm sorry your mom was not listening.