Hating Limbo

Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hating Limbo

My AH left yesterday. I invited my daughter to stay with us, and that gave him an excuse to leave. The level of denial he lives in amazes me! He even wrote a book on addiction that he plans on publishing and marketing, all the while drinking his booze and occasionally smoking crack. Reader beware.

Even so, the pain of our relationship ending is intense. We really thought God had brought us together. But I can't handle the drinking and drugs. Yet I'm the one who is resented. This is confusing.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! He's in some pretty serious denial.

I wish I knew why the end of a relationship with an addict is so painful. It goes against all reason. We should be happy to lose something bad, but instead we are miserable. I wish I could tell you why that is.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say except welcome, trishlynn. The book...ummmm...wow...again I think I am at a loss for words and trying not to laugh out loud!

Denial is an amazing phenomenon to me. When I can remove my emotions and get objective, it is fascinating to watch the lengths people go to in regards to denial.

I am very sorry you are hurting; I know what that feels like and intense is a good descriptor. But it does get better. Take good care!
~T
Old 05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My ABF left today too. There's a thread on here somewhere about being rejected by the reject. I found it quite helpful! It's one minute at a time for me. Journaling helps, the forum helps, talking to girlfriends helps, but in the end I'm just having to sit in this pain and grief, not really seeing a way out but trying to trust that there will be one.
Best of luck to you today and hang in there.