OT Checking in and a question about cats..

Old 05-16-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

OT Checking in and a question about cats..

SR friends,

I finally started getting a life LOL one of my plans for the New year, or may I say the Only "goal", getting a life for myself

I switched careers and went from stressed IT slave in a big multinational to an unemployed student of fashion design, thanks to SR support I was able to take the leap of faith.

Now of course I go into panic mode often but I am loving this, I love to feel creative, to draw figurines, to learn all I do, I love the school and the topics are interesting. Fashion isn't only all about superficial stuff as I had thought ... I hope I can create my own business and one day create a foundation to provide basic clothing to the underprivileged/children, I feel that would answer the question about the legacy I would like to leave in the world..

First semester and I already have to plan a collection !!!

I already know how to sew skirts so hopefully I will plan my first "line" and try to sell it online and in "places".. I don't have it 100% solved but for me its fun and I would love to give it a try!! 50% of me tells me I will be a Failure and how dare I try to have fun and earn money at the same time. 50% tells me to go for it and trust the Universe!!

Also, my mom sent me some $$ and I will be able to buy my own apartment, I already saw one and hopefully I will be doing the paperwork these weeks. YAY!! No more renting! I had to take a bank loan though so I need to...

...see about employment, half time/weekends, for now I have some freelance stuff like a website I need to build, and 4 skirts someone already ordered from me! but I need more $$ so I am trying to take it easy, BREATHE, then sit down and see my monthly expenses and see how much I need to make.

I set a rule for myself and am open to do whatever I need to do to be able to keep studying! Today they sent an invitation to Project Runway Latin America and hopefully in a few years I will try to get in OMG I always watched the show! so in short I love to be in this creative field and of course no more migraines and only some short episodes of depression but in general I love life and part of the work is research so I HAVE to get out and read news and go to showrooms, etc so that is keeping me sane

Tomorrow I will start sewing my first handbag, a gift for my Mom and the next days I start a course on avant garde resin accesories... also something else I could start creating and selling. OMG I am afraid but I am also excited !

No more alcoholism! only current roomie who has parties often but I just feel sorry for her and get out elsewhere...

I also feel more able to forgive myself for many errors and doubts I am having. Becoming a friend to myself has been a huge step in my recovery.

An ex started calling again and I am seeing his actions, he is supportive to me and has faith in my creative projects, that has been helpful. Hanging around with him knowing my boundaries very well has worked out great.

I still have tons of resentment towards my parents but I am working them, the other day I cried a lot about how my dad wasn't for me, I feel slightly less weight around that topic. I feel strong for allowing myself to FEEL. That is something I like about artists, the lack of "judgment".. the freedom...

And now a twist in my post: for the ones with cats!!
Currently my cats can hang around a tree and they love it...

But moving I will be in an apartment.

Do you think they can be happy in an enclosed environment again? would a cat tree be nothing to them compared to the real thing?
I might try to "walk them" outside..

I am worried about their happiness.

Hugs to the SR friends!!
Living on this side of the bridge is priceless.

:ghug3
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on turning your life around! Sounds like you're on the road to happiness

As for the cats... definitely get them a cat tree or some sort of place where they can perch. Cats really love to look down over their environment and look out the window. I have an indoor cat and she's lost without those two things. While I don't have a cat tree, I do have a loft where she likes to hang out looking down to the main room and look out the window at all the birds.

Hope that helps
Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My cats love sitting on the top of the wardrobe so I keep a stool next to it to make it easier to jump up there (and it is less damaging to the wardrobe). They have a huge outside space to wander in, but seem perfectly happy to stay inside.

I have also lived with cats in an apartment without any problem It seems to me that a cat will always just make the best of what they've got (providing the kitty litter is clean!).
Old 05-16-2012, 03:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on your new life, it sounds awesome!!!

The cats will let you know if they are unhappy.

My guess is they just want to be with you!!!! xo
Old 05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love the vibrancy just radiating from your words! So much LIFE as contrasted to the feeling of DEATH when we are in a toxic relationship. I'm glad you are regenerating! Like the spring flowers.

The cat tree will be great and the higher the better. My son put a tall cat tree beside an armoire and his big cat climbs its tree, then hops on top of the armoire and there's only about six inches between its head and the ceiling. The kitty is KING and he is ecstatic. Also, get the cat toys from Metro Cat. With the fly-fishing flies on the end. KITTY EUPHORIA.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think the cats will be happy as long as they are with you. I was worried about moving mine into my small apartment too, but I put a tall "cat tree" (as ugly as it is!) by the big window and they love sitting there and looking outside. IMHO, I think they will likely be even happier if you are more calm and away from stress of current roomies. Mine have never been happier and they are in the smallest and oldest place that they have ever lived in with me. They can feel that I am in a good place, and that makes them happy and at peace... I'm sure your's will be the same way, don't worry

Good luck with the move and glad to hear you are in such a fantastic place - you deserve it! XOXO
Old 05-16-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As long as they have you they will be happy!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cat tree and lots of catnip, if they like it. I worried about my daughter's cat after a brief stay with us, but she seems purrfectly content. I know that because I've stopped by to visit her (the cat, not RAD lol)

BTW, one of my son's friends went to school for fashion design. She won a national award in school, and still works her butt, hands and back off. She loves it! She designed her own wedding dress and the wedding party, too. I was in such awe! She has a steady gig with all the theaters here; the productions all rotate in perfect sync. She indulges her whimsical side on etsy with dolls, too.

She seems soooo confident and comfortable in her own skin. My son told me she wasn't like that when she started school, she grew into herself.

I'm predicting you're in for an amazing journey
Old 05-16-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What an uplifting post!

Do you think they can be happy in an enclosed environment again? would a cat tree be nothing to them compared to the real thing?
I might try to "walk them" outside..
I've had cats my entire life and they're perfect for apartment life. Simply get a litter box and they'll be happy.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hanging a birdfeeder outside a window that they can comfortably park in front of was a big hit at my house.

With 6 of the little boogers I set up feeders in 4 well-spaced windows and they were all too busy to meet me when I came home