What sort of binges/craziness have you experienced?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What sort of binges/craziness have you experienced?

While reading alot of the posts here, I noticed that there are alot of relaspes, binges, slips, etc are the same. I guess I'm just curious.

This what Ive experienced.

Sleeping all day for weeks, sometimes months only to wake up to go to the bathroom, and/or take a drink.

First it was a 6 pack of Busch Beer, then 12 pack, a case (remember returnable bottles?) Jack Daniels kick, then Jim Beam. Then downsized to one quart of beer a day, then back up to the 6 pack and then etc. Was on a wine kick. Now its just plain old Vodka....the water down vodka. I call it the gas station booze. Doesnt take much now to get his buzz on because his tolerance is tainted.

Crying about how aweful he feels and how he has treated me, then the next sentence get very angry because he claims that "I was perfect" and would start to insult me.

Sometimes he would get in the bathtub and fill it up. Just lay there in the warm water. I would freak, thinking he would drown.

When he would feel up, he would get the chainsaw out and start cutting trees down, climb trees, go for a walk, get the gun out and decide to hunt, or get the fishing pole and fish.

He went hunting one time and shot his foot almost off. Found out later its because he didnt want to go to work the next day. He was off work for 6 months and then quit.

Never held a job for more than 3 years in the 27 years we've been married

He would never eat. Throw up all of the time. Throw up blood. Coughs alot, but he does smoke. Cigarette burns on the couch, curtains, carpet.

One time he felt paranoid and made locks for the front & back door of our house.

He has taken a 4 cylinder chevy S-10 mud runnin'. Ended up taken our front porch out instead. Yea that was great.

Made me go to the liquor store and buy him booze. Couple times I was pregnant. I'm sure that looked good. I never buy him booze now, not ever.

Would steal money from the kids for Vodka. Couldnt leave money around. Took him off of the checking account 10 years ago.

Ive been urinated on many times. We havent slept together for years because of that. He sleep walks and urinates everywhere. Actually, he has walked right off the porch before and didnt get hurt.

Talks in his sleeps.

Always, always talks about living in the mountains by himself. ???
Finally, I told him to go. He packed and walked off. He was back in 15 minutes. Claimed he walked in poison ivy and needed a shower. I was so pissed.

Flirts alot with other women in front of me, who knows what he did when I wasnt around.

Only goes to rehab when he cant get out of trouble on his own...but now he goes to detox. Lost count of how many times. When I would take hime to the hospital and we would get there, he would say I dont want to go. Or I would drop him off and then he would call as soon as I got home saying he wanted to come home. I remember one time he laid in the middle of the emergency room screaming that he didnt want to be there. I dont take him no where any more after that episode and he knows it because he has never asked me to take him.

Ive been left at Columbus Motor Speedway, a bar, a friends house.

He has been arrested, handcuffed, pepper sprayed, slammed to the ground by sheriffs. Faked a seizure to keep out of jail. Went to court drunk. Judge was all up in that. Faked being deaf. I know weird.

One thing he does when he is binging is that he acts or he really cant hear. He always says "What?" and holds his left ear. His face always gets bloated, so does his stomach. He turns yellow. His eyes are so swollen it looks like he's been in a fight.

He smells like death. Like his organs are turned off. The smell is so strong, you can smell it coming up to the front door. Its sick.

He has punched the dog, pushed me, threw me out of the house while I was pregnant and no shoes on (it was winter). I had to beg him to let me in. Ive had an ashtray thrown at me, kitchen table pushed at me, a watermelon thown at me, whitecastes (hamburgers) thrown at me, keys, phone, coffee table, thrown out of bed, pinned down by my neck, strangled. Mind you, I'm only 4 foot 9 inches.

Calls me every name in the book but my own name. Thats real cool.

Walk around aimlessly around the house or just stand there and stare.

I know this is long. I think I'm going to write a book.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I could have written 95% of your post, ugh. So sorry for all of us that we would put up living like this!

What are you doing for yourself?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Fedup3...Moving out in a few weeks. Yea!!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Faked a seizure?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Holy crap Alanonic! You have been through hell and back and hell again with this guy.

I am really glad you are getting the heck out of there. What an addict will do to get out of doing anything... almost shooting off his foot so he didn't have to go to work???? That's insane... so insane.

Big support coming your way to get out as soon as you can... it's probably a very good think you've written all this (there's probably lots more right) down to keep coming back to. Myself... I've been venting over and over again in my head ALL the sheit that my soon to be ex put me through and I finally had enough last November (after 4 years).

I know I would not have done it any sooner... I wasn't ready... I wasn't PUSHED to the brink of almost going insane until that very moment. When it happened, I knew I would never go back to how I was. I am now dealing with some heavy anger issues etc., but Naranon/Alanon, "Normal" friends and famly and this forum area helping tremendously.

Hope you have lots of love and support in the real world... but know in the virtual one you have many who are behind your decision!

Hugs!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My only question is, why are you waiting for a "few weeks" to get out of there? What is stopping you from leaving within the next hour? Call your family or friend that can house you for a while, pack a bag and leave now. I wouldn't let him know where you're going, in fact, I would disappear and make sure he could never find you again, and that includes the child you have.

But that's just me.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Leave now if you can, don't wait three weeks! My god you have been through hell. Hopefully once you move life will be more peaceful. But you should put a very good lock on all your windows and doors and maybe talk to your local law enforcement to let them know about the situation (Im sure they already have a fair idea about what kinda alcoholic he is) Protect yourself!!!

ps. I will read your book about your husband if you read mine about my mother!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

CHOUBLK=Yes faked a seizure. Crazy isnt it?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Vinyl=He isnt living with me. I live in the house we both own. He lives with his mom. The child that lives with me is 20 years old. Trust me I have protection. I'm going back to my home town where I feel more comfortable and it will not be easier for him to come over at all. He is not suppose to be driving, so its a few miles and that to him will be a risk...I'm cool. Been there & done that!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gerbear=would totally love to read your book!!! Get on it.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alanonic View Post
Crying about how aweful he feels and how he has treated me, then the next sentence get very angry because he claims that "I was perfect" and would start to insult me.
This one is all too familiar to me.

In terms of binges - hotels and hookers is at the top of my list... this occurred on the "mega-binge" that lasted for 2 weeks (he is functioning - somehow manages to hold down a CEO role through all of this...no idea how) after I decided to keep my boundaries and actually leave him when I caught him in yet again another lie (which I was of course to blame for as I was being so snoopy and figured it out! His first reaction when I told him I found out by looking at his hotel receipt with $100 of mini-bar on a work trip the week before was "you WOULD do something like that").
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

"you WOULD do something like that").
This sounds like something I have heard, then get the "you are not perfect either" speech!

I would love to say:

and YOU would drink $100 out of the mini-bar bucket head!

Beth