End of the roller coaster?

Old 03-21-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

End of the roller coaster?

So I guess that AH wasn't admitted last night after all, but was dismissed from the ER about 9:30 and spent the night in the hospital waiting room mulling his options.

I got a voicemail from him saying that he checked himself into that year-long rehab program today about noon. No verbal or in-person contact for a year, although they are permitted to write.

What a stunning testament to the power of detachment. A month ago (heck, yesterday!) he was dead set on playing the same old games that tore our lives apart, and now he's not. A month ago I was at my bottom, terrified and fighting for my life against my own paralyzing codependency and now I am free to live my life as I choose.

The cycle of destruction has been broken at last. Whatever happens now, I know how powerful the simple act of being true to myself and releasing others to do the same can be.

Humbly grateful to you all for your priceless support, and to my HP who is rewarding my surrender with peace.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

umm hate to point out the obvious but you got a VOICEMAIL that SAID he admitted himself....
as in past tense.... so if he's in ...how did he call?

Look I know you WANT to believe him but just because the A says something doesn't mean it's true or accurate...sounds like maybe another ploy... go NoContact...whether he's in or not...you need to allow yourself to move on...
Old 03-24-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

no contact
get to an al anon meeting
start your recovery now

move foward in YOUR life..