After 22 days my AH had a relapse

Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After 22 days my AH had a relapse

He has end stage liver failure. The doctors told him he has 3 yrs. to live sober and less than 1 if he drinks again. He needs a liver transplant and he wont get it if he drinks.
I went to church Sunday morning, there was 3 dollars sitting on the table when I left. When I came home I lied down on the bed to have a nap and he got behind me to hold me. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. When I got up I asked where the money was. He said one was on the shelf and he kept 2 for himself. I then asked what he did when I was gone. He said some guy came over for a visit. (the whole time sounding very agitated with my questions)
I let it go for the time being. He lied down later that afternoon and I got the garbage ready and took it outside and what do I find in the garbage can one very large empty beer can and an empty wallet on the bedside table.
I'm so disappointed. He said it was really easy to stop drinking. When he said that I really didn't believe it, but I had hope that he could do this. I'm preparing myself for a full relapse. I'm sure it will be right around the corner.

Last edited by Nancy777; 03-12-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: sp
Old 03-12-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

It does not appear your AH is ready to quit drinking.

What are your plans now that he is drinking again?

You are there supporting your husband with liver failure, and you are supporting his brother with kidney failure. What are you doing to support yourself?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I started going to church again 2 weeks ago and have been in to talk with the pastor a few times. This Sunday I rededicated my life back to God. This Sundays message was to be still and let God handle your burdens. It was a great service as I can't deal with this on my own.