Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

March 10 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

March 10 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Why did I come into Al-Anon? Most of us came because we were desperate, lonely, bewildered about the alcoholic’s behavior

The important thing to consider is this: Am I desperate enough to try the Twelve Steps, even if I don’t believe anything is wrong with “me?” I came wanting to find out how to change my spouse, and the first thing I was told was that the only person I can possibly change is myself. If I really want a new way of life, I will first look deep within myself and admit my own shortcomings.

TODAY’S REMINDER

It is not the alcoholic who is my responsibility. My job is to do something about my own faults, my own part in the mess our life has become. Can I admit that my own irrational behavior helped to create the mess? I am sure I will realize it in time, with the help of Al-Anon.

“I pray for humility to accept the fact that I need help, and for the firmness of purpose to take action to get it. I ask for the aid of my Higher Power in striving for a better way of life.”