together, but not

Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

together, but not

MY A and I have been together for eight years. Last year his drinking made life unbearable for me. I asked him to leave, he refused. Granted, we are on a tight budget (retired) and can't afford two households. There is a guesthouse on the property and he moved in there. We're not together as a couple like we once were. We're like neighbors or roommates who share a kitchen. This is SO hard on me. I wish he would just get sober, or get out of my life. But I can't see any way out of this situation. For reasons too private to go into on a public forum, I'm unable to work to bring in income. I'm not looking for advice here, just wanted/needed to vent. Thanks for ¨listening¨.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

akalacha,
It is always difficult to watch a loved one slowly drink themselves to death. Everyone around them can see it but them. Learn all you can about this disease- go to alanon if you can and take care of yourself. I am still trying to find peace living with my A, but have learned that no one else can control my life but me. I make my own decisions on what I can and cannot live with. I can listen to others advice, but ultimitely it it my life and I make my own path.
I hope you will find peace on your journey.