How do you leave?

Old 01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lost, I really like cyranok's answer. Reminds me of an old show, for some reason I think it was "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer". Put one foot in front of the other, and soon your walking out the door! Could be the wrong show, but the thought is right on. Sorry you are going through this, but be glad that "you" are the one that controls what happens to you in your future. If you have to leave for your own sanity, make a good plan, and hit the road. The 'A" in your relationship will do whatever she wants regardless of how it affects you, and won't feel the guilt you are feeling. Take care of yourself first, and perhaps your "A" will get better and work things out with you in the future, perhaps when your "A" is ready, you will have already moved on.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LucyA View Post
You talk a lot about your girlfriend and I'm sure you love her very much, but during this time what have you done for you?
This beautiful,kind and caring man is my partner and I cannot hurt or regret how much pain and suffering I have put him through more if I tried. I have hopefully not lost forever the love of my life but I am determined to get sober as I cannot live like I have been any longer. I have lost everything precious to me through drink and although wish desperatley I had been strong enough to face up to this a lot sooner I know the time is right for me now. I started drinking following a very abusive marriage but met my best friend, lover and amazing man which i couldnt believe and i can only apologise for all the hurt and pain i have caused him xxx