Angry, frustrated...

Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry, frustrated...

Hi all. Been a few weeks since I found this place. I'm still at my parents house. I have not gone back to my AH. I know I can not stay in the chaos and toxic environment. I'm hurt and I'm angry though. Just soooo many emotions. I have not seen him since I left. We do talk at times via text messages. At times he's nice, other times he's just nasty. I took everything when I left that was in my name. I couldn't trust him to pay the bills and ruin my credit so I took the things that I financed in my name.
His cell phone is also in my name. Direct TV is still connected at the house and it too is in my name. Today he is sitting in a bar/restraunt watching the game because he told me he was and I felt like I've been kicked in the gut. My life has changed. I'm deep in debt he's stuck me with. Everything is so damn wrong. I'm furious that he is just oblivious to everything. I'm having to pay for services I'm not using since I no longer live there. He's using a cell phone I'm locked into contract on. Nothing, not one thing about his life has changed and yet I'm struggling. I'm so angry. I feel anxious most of the time. I do okay for a little while and then I'm not okay. I feel like I can't breathe or my head is gonna explode. And my precious grandma is in hospice care and she's dying. I feel so overwhelmed. I just want the hurt to stop. I want to feel normal knowing dang well he's messed me up and damage won't be repaired quickly. I know that. I'm just so upset. Sorry for the rant. I just had to get it out. It does help to talk. Thanks so much for your support. I just want the hurt to stop.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Leigh))) - I'm so sorry you're going through all this. That's a lot to deal with, and though I have no great words of advice, I am sending you extra hugs and prayers.

Amy
Old 12-31-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, so sorry you have to go through this, but you will endure, know that you did the right thing and that it is a disease, you didn't cause, can't cure, and can't control it. Take care of you, put the focus on you, because you deserve all the good things that life will send your way. I will pray for you and your family and your grandmother. Hang on!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Well you can disconnect te Direct TV and pay the penalty and close out his cell phone. To me, it is better to cut your losses. The long you continue to finance him the more it will end up costing you.

Protect yourself. I am sorry that you are facing this, I always feel so bad when one gets in financial bind because they comingle their phone contracts, insurance and most of all'
investments.

Keep posting it will help!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with Dolly

I was like you, I paid the phone bill and cable bill....
Once I got smart, I shut them both off

It only took mine 1 day, and BOOM! He got his own phone....
And silly me, I didnt think he knew how...

They are old enough to drink, They are old enough to pay for their own
phone..

Then what's nice about him getting his own phone, you can
block his calls. >Cant block phones if your on the same plan

But they can> swith it over to his name, he can carry his own
contract...

SET YOURSELF FREE...from all that crappy misery...

Dont let him bring you down anymore!!
YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN THAT!!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Check with your cellular provider. You may have options. My carrier allows me to shut off any phone on my plan, but I must pay 9.99/month for the disconnected line until the contract expires.

I would also contact the satellite company and determine what your options are. A penalty payment may bring peace-of-mind in knowing you have rid yourself of the obligation.

I am sorry about your grandmother's condition. Prayers to you and your family during this time.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree that disconnecting the Direct TV and cell phone is a good idea.