Hello Everybody

Old 12-11-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I doubt she will be terminated. This is a very common problem to the point where they have programs for medical staff w drug and alcohol addiction. And even IF she got fired, the reason would not be you, it would be that she refused to follow their rules. And publuc safety is the reason for their rules. This one's not your's to bear any guilt for.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tres View Post
I would call the state board of nursing, but that could be time consuming and lengthy. All hospitals have a Risk Management department. You could start there. I am sure you could do it anonymously. Where I work, they do not do random urine tests, but if they have reason or suspicion they can require it. I think its a Risk Management issue. Then they can talk to her nursing manager and see how to proceed.
Hi Tres, do you work in a hospital or medical field? I would think of all places, a hospital would do random drug testing

Old 12-27-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, I'm not sure if this was the right thing to do but myself and a few friends tried to talk to her and basically said if she didn't clean up by Jan 1st. we would report her to the hospital administration. I really wish I wasn't in this position but can not have peace of mind knowing other peoples lives are in her hands. Time will tell.