Feeling Guilt

Old 11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Guilt

My XRAGF and I broke up 4 months ago, we were together for 8 years. So why am I feeling guilty... I started to write a long post and decided to keep it simple. I'm feeling guilty because I use to drink with my XAGF. I pretty much drank with her up to the last couple of months of our relationship. I'm not sure why, I guess I either didn't understand the disease or I gave up after seeing her drinking again and said screw it I'm going to drink too. My drinking was a few glasses of wine, her drinking was wine with the liquor bottle she had hidden.
Towards the end I didn't drink with her at home, just social events with our friends. I know I didn't create her disease but I do feel guilty. Just wondering if anyone else went through the same feelings.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't struggle with alcohol in any way shape or form (I have plenty of struggles...that is not one of them).

I tried all different ways with my loved one, drinking, not drinking, social drinking, doing headstands to distract him (kidding).

It did not matter what I did...his behavior around alcohol did not change.

When I struggle with guilt about this (we are not together anymore). It helps me to remember that unless he has found recovery, his drinking probably still has not changed....

This is where i find the three Cs so helpful.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the replies. SR Helps.