working my program - How am I doing?

Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

working my program - How am I doing?

Well my RAH has been going to AWOL classes (weekly closed class studying the steps of A) for about 2 months now. Last night he came home saying that he wasnt sure if he liked it anymore. Not sure if this is the A in him talking himself out of it, but I didnt get into it with just let him talk. Which is very big for me 6 months ago I would have laid it on them with you have to go how did you want to quit and so on and so on. Proud of myself.
Today, I send him a little note basically saying I have been thinking about what you said last night and I dont want you going to the classes for me but I think it is only fear to the both of us that I tell you how I feel about it. that being sober is a great first step but for our famly and I hope you continute to wprk the program. I know I have a alot of work to do too and think I am real trying. Life with an A makes the whole famly sick and we need to work on staying healthy and growing. I cant choose for you but can only tell u how I feel. Love u
So how do you think I did? Should I have said more, less or nothing at all. thanks for anything
Old 11-14-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it is up to you to decide how you did! Also, if you give him the letter, do it and then be done with it. No 'talking' about the letter as this would be co-dependent behavior. Just my thoughts.