Finally talked to my ABF tonight

Old 10-25-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally talked to my ABF tonight

... after a disappointing weekend (of him trying to hide his drinking, picking a fight so he could be alone to drink, blowing off plans).

Today we had the most honest conversation we've had about his drinking and he sounded truly sorry. And not just the kind of "sorry" to get out of trouble.

He was moved that I went to Al-Anon (even though I stressed that it was for me, not for him!). He was touched I cared enough to take that step, yet he also felt bad that he drove me to it. Funny, last week I posted I felt resentful that I was having to attend a meeting because of "his" problem. Now, I don't feel that way. I feel there is a reason I'm there. There's something I'm supposed to learn there so I can grow, help myself and maybe help others. I'm embracing it as a blessing.

He says after waking up still drunk Sunday morning and then drinking all day Sunday, he felt disgusted with himself and his actions and that he's ready to make serious changes. He has researched AA times this week and he has made a doctor's appointment.

Only time and action and consistency will tell.

I really want to thank everyone so much for reading and for posting and helping me during this very trying time.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope it works out for you, glad you went to al-anon, hopefully your x will see the light some day.

Best of luck to you,

Bill