Intervention

Old 10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intervention

Its seems, according to the number of posts here, that our family and friends were more concerned with our using than we were. I only wished that my family would have intervened with more than just a comment here and there. I certainly dont blame them for my wrongdoing but a strong front by them may have prevented an intervention by the police officer I ran into last month. Being almost a month sober has made me realize how much I really have affected my family and friends. My selfish negative behavior has really hurt many people. Its gonna take a long time to make amends to all the people I hurt. Each day I am growing like a flower and will hopefully one day shade them with some lovin again.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The important thing is you are headed in the right direction, best of luck to you.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope that you continue to move forward with a life that is free of alcohol.

Sadly, many folks here have attempted interventions as you suggest, only to be completely ignored, the addicted family member spiraling further out of control, and still have various, er, encounters with law enforcement. It's just a consequence of behavior on the part of the addicted person, not the family's fault at all.

I wish you well on your journey! HG