The show off thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I no longer allow someone elses (RA) action cause me to repond in a negitive way. Working on me - Zumba, T, SR and alonon GOOD FOR ME

Thread - great idea!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was recently, together with the best project manager I've ever worked with, kicked off as project leader for a project I've handled for 18 months because it wasn't moving at the speed management wanted it to move (despite the fact that management had OKd the timeline and we were right on target).

I did not take this as a personal slight, but accepted that management has a right to change their mind and direction and timelines and personnel, and am enjoying going back to the core work that I'm trained for, that I do best, and that I enjoy.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Also, we can show off about anything, does not have to be recent

Hmm .. letīs see..

I did not study for the nation wide undergraduate level exam, all my peers kept studying many days, and none of them got a good score. Only I got a special mention due to a high score. Others prepared their reference books for days, etc etc.. I took what I had--- even picked up one about computer graphics on my way to the exam this exam lasted 2 days.

I was the only woman in the generation, too. And no of course no one of my fellow classmates congratulated or acknowledged this. But I do acknowledge it now When I was notified of this by someone my mom was walking next to me, we felt so proud. I am a smart woman!!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Another thing to show off,
I have noticed guys staring at me when I walk.
Pilates has done wonders with my butt LOL.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cece1960 View Post
II have gotten back to reading and enjoy being alone to do so.
That makes two of us. What is even better is that my reading world has expanded beyond self help books-I have rediscovered the classics and am reading for enjoyment for a change.

I'm not knocking self-help books as I have a shelf of them and return to some faves when needed, just that now, I can actually concentrate and enjoy books for the sheer pleasure. There's nothing like laying in bed with the pup snuggled beside me, with a book in my hand!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Last weekend I finished three refinishing projects of burned furniture from my parent's 9 year old house fire. All three pieces were written off as un-salvageable but Mom insisted on keeping them. On a whim, I gave it a try. It was a success - all three pieces only heated damaged and stripped perfectly to refinish to beautiful antique showpieces again. Mom cried..she was so happy! Nice to be a part of "righting" someone's world, especially when it is someone you love.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Today

I was able to see a person for who she is, feel and recognize my anger, and was able to let it go and don't give it, or the person, importance in my day. YAY!

I went to rehab and Pilates.

I had coffee with a friend, she might join the company I work for, we are both excited.

I was able to end my day with a smile and with gratitude when during the morning I had no hope or joy or love in my heart.

All this without therapist or pills or anyone telling me what I should do, say or feel.

I am starting to believe Joy is my natural state and anything else is a distraction. Life might not be that way for today, it was.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I moved to San Francisco.
I made a TON of new guy friends.
I talked to a lot of girls.
...some of them called me hot
I started a new business.
I reconnected with my little brother.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am flexible, resourceful, multi talented, creative and compassionate.

I am able to enjoy the song of a bird. Today it was a rather beautiful melody, I allowed it to set the tone of my day.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I had an interesting, fun and long conversation on the phone with my sister until the phone battery was dying and we were still not finished enjoying our chat.

I have a healthy meal in the crockpot.

I am an intelligent woman of diverse interests and I am very brave.

I have laughed until tears rolled down my face for the last two days at funnies made by other people.

I am living in today and feel well.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I turn heads when I walk down the street.

I look younger than I am !

I participate in an arts lab project when I know nothing about art LOL.

I realized I live near THE local fashion institute, I went today to ask for info. New courses start on March. They are not expensive. OMG I am even considering studying 2, or even 4 years. This has always been my dream. This makes me so happy!

I have good spelling LOL no but really, I can't understand how some people ignore basic rules...

Lately I have not felt depressed and have actually felt happy to wake up, with enthusiasm to solve things and engage in my own life! this has never happened before.

I am giving much more thought to who my friends are and realizing my time and my energy is limited and I need to spend it very wisely.

Overall I am a more positive person these days.
I am flexible and grateful and content.

And I take great pictures!

Ok enough showing off for today LOL
Old 11-11-2011, 02:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It just hit me this morning that I'm two months from finishing university (3 exams left), and that I've managed to do this, and with tops marks may I add, while dealing with all those A things (drinking, dieing, not dieing, drinking again,...).
I feel SO good about myself!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I am happy.

I have great friends, who are there for me when I need them, and who appreciate when I am there for them in their time of need. We do things together, some planned and some very last minute, some which go as planned and some where everything that could go wrong does go wrong, and we have fun doing all of it.
It's nice to have friends, and something that I really missed when I was still with XABF - he managed to convince me to isolate myself from everyone. Of course, one of the advantages of that is that I get to pick and choose who to be friends with, now, and so now I can say with confidence that all of my friendships are worth keeping.

And I have recently started a new relationship. It is very different than what I am used to, in a very good way. Imagine sitting next to someone who stops mid-sentence to say, "I'm sorry, I interrupted you again, didn't I? I need to stop interrupting people, I'm still working on that, I'm so sorry - what were you saying?" Or how about, "May I please please please come to church with you this Sunday? I really enjoyed going with you last week."
I am keeping things very slow, I told him that, and he's okay with that. He tells me how he feels, and actually listens when I tell how I feel, and respects that I trust him with that information. I never thought I'd be in a romantic relationship where the other side actually says what they mean, and tells the truth no matter the answer. (I asked him about this, actually, and he answered that while he's not always proud of the things he's done, he is who he is, and he doesn't want to add "and a liar" on the end of that list.)
Meanwhile, he's still very patient with me. I really am taking things very slow. He doesn't even know where I live, aside from the town and the fact it's an apartment (which does not narrow things down at all), and he doesn't push. He says I'll tell him when I'm ready, and he's okay with that.

I ran across something online where someone says "Loving someone is giving them the power to hurt you, and trusting them not to!"
And you know what? I feel like I have that in all my "relationships by choice" (as in, non-family/non-coworker) right now. That is such a good feeling, and something that I have no intentions of giving up at this point, now that I know how great it feels.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Awww congrats Starcat! Sounds really nice!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

This thread has been so inspiring!

I am an accomplished knitter. I take yarn and make it into beautiful things.
I'm a decent astronomer. I can navigate the sky with ease.
I make an amazing peanut butter pie.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

likealion wonderful, I always wanted to spot constellations and planets! a few days ago I saw Jupiter and some moons in a telescope and I was very excited! which book do you recommend for beginners? so far I can identify:

-the Sun
-the Moon

LOL

I got criticism today, my ego was hurt... so its a good time for me to show off:

I am very good at making others feel relaxed and was told talking to me is like sitting on a comfortable sofa. I am open minded and don't judge.

I am a hard worker, perfectionist, dedicated, a good engineer and a great team player.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I got out of bed this morning!
I......posted on a show off thread! Lol!

TC,
I'm always inspired to read of your accomplishments.
Didn't you "promise" to post more of your pics? (hint)
I'm proud of you for starting this thread!!
Thank you for sharing your journey.
Oh and everyone else!!!!!
Where is that cheerleader thingy?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

So I have been super depressed etc...

Today finally resumed my art lab class, we have the exhibition opening the 20th, I had no idea about my own "art piece" and at the last minute I came up with something.... they did not love my main proposal but one of the steps "in between" was accepted and I will be working on mounting it next week! my work will span an entire wall.

I never thought I would do something else than small amateur paintings, this is entirely new and I am grateful for the artists and teacher, their expansion and freedom has helped me today.

Glad to have something to show off today!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I've changed the lives of thousands of women struggling with understanding finances, through teaching, training and fostering others to help me do the same. I'm thankful every day I could find a profession that was succinctly lined up with my life purpose.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

I have done alot..lately

i took out my old dishwasher out..unhooked the electrical and water stuff, and out the door it went...

been doing more reading, and giving more chores to the kids to PULL their weight around and excepting the after effects of it...no control....

ooh ya and recently did a morning pancake breakfast for the homeless...