Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

September 9 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

NOTE: My computer access for the next week or two will be curtailed. I've typed up a couple weeks' worth and FREEDOM1990 has kindly agreeed to post them for everyone

THANK YOU FREEDOM1990 and my best to everyone 'til we meet again!

September 9 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Here’s an eye-opening, mind-opening question to ask myself: What am I doing with what I’ve got? Instead of crying over what I don’t have, and wishing my life were different, what am I doing with what I’ve got?

Am I so sure I’m doing everything possible to make my life a success? Am I using my capabilities well? Do I recognize and appreciate all I have to be grateful for?

Actually I am the possessor of unlimited resources. The more I do with them, the more they will grow, to overshadow and cancel out the difficult and painful aspects that now get so much of my attention.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Isn’t my life full of potential good that I’m not using? Couldn’t I bring it to fruition by changing my attitude? As a beginning, I will apply liberal amounts of gratitude for even my littlest advantages and pleasures. When I build on this precious foundation of present, tangible good, things will continue to change for the better.

“God make me grateful for all the good things that I have been taking for granted.”