A child's faith

Old 08-23-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A child's faith

Recently, I have become a volunteer at a domestic violence shelter. I only help out a couple of days a week as the shelter is 60 miles from my home. I usually spend my time with the children, (babysitting) while their parents look for work, go to work, go to court, or are attending therapy. Addiction of a spouse, and the life altering consequences , are the reason 80% of the people have been displaced from their home.

Today, while we were putting together a puzzle, this beautiful child announces to the other two kids in the room, "As soon as my dad comes to get me I am going home, I miss my dog, my toys, my friends, my house."

This little guy, is only six, and he said these words with so much conviction. This little guy believed from the bottom of his heart,(his eyes swelling with tears) that his dad was going to come, take him home and everything would be ok once again in his world.

It is so very heartbreaking to hear this little guy talk. All I could think is; if only his dad had the faith, strength,and constitution of this six year old, .................