A story about fear from a dog lover

Old 07-25-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Seeing frightened animals just breaks my heart and I cannot ever imagine how people can be so cruel to abuse them to the point where they are traumatized like that. . Cheers to the pet parents that have the patience to love and care for these animals and make their lives better.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

We got Sadie, who is my profile pic, in November and she came from a local rescue. Had no home training whatsoever. She sleeps between me and my AH along with her dog friend Rex (chihuahua mix) and usually a couple of cats. It's a full bed at my house. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I would love to post a picture of my Ebony, but can't figure out how to attach a pic. And I call myself a computer geek. Blah.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tigger - that is one of the most beautiful and sad postings I've ever read, thank you for sharing it.

Its funny how pets can touch our hearts in such a way and how easy it can be to relate to them. I've always described my pets as my little angels. They are so full of love and they've helped me get through some of the worst times in my life. You are lucky to have a dog such as Ebony that can teach you so much. I know my dogs have taught me a lot.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yesterday, from a fellow rescue lady, I learned the story of where Ebony spent the first 2 years of his life. It's truly too sad to share without being given individual permission. I woke up this morning weeping for both of my rescued dogs, and all of those who are left to suffer in those conditions. Then I renewed my passion for being part of the rescue, and doing what we can to save those who we can. Each step I take in this rescue mission that I'm on makes me more determined, and able to help.

Next step. Rescuing myself. Gaining the confidence as we go along.