Choices and a God Wink

Old 05-22-2011, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Choices and a God Wink

Hello,

My sponsor reminded me I have choices. Of course I hear that all the time in alanon. They say sometimes the greatest distance is the distance between your brain and your heart.

I've been miserable for so long. But not in a personal relationship- a work relationship. I've stayed for security. But I'm happy to say I'm tired of being in this comfortable misery and am ready to move on!!!!!

Almost every day I wake up with butterflies. And not the good kind. Some days I cannot unwind from the day. It's not so much the job- it's what I have going on with management.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

I pray to hp to give me strength and He does answer me.

Last weekend my husband and I did something we haven't done in quite some time. We had FUN. We went bowling for the first time in about 20 years.

I've been thinking about going to school for quite some time, to get into the health care field. I've talked to a couple of online schools and also had an appt. at a school this past week. It was great.

I've been conflicted as to which school to go to though. The night school is 3 nights a week and I'd be going directly from work. But it would be so worth it. I thought I'd go the online route for convenience.

In thinking of new things to do to change my routine, I'd looked into country line dancing in my area. I'd torn out something in the paper a couple weeks ago.

You may or may not think this is a God wink, but this morning in looking at this clipping again- the place where the country line dancing is held is on the same street as the school that I had an appt. at last week!

I take this as a God wink. 2 new things I want to do and they're both on the same street. How did I not notice this before????? Probably cuz the time is right now.

love in alanon,

laurie
Old 05-22-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Funny how HP winks right wen we need it, isn't it. Listen to that wink...it's a simple gesture filled with MONUMENTAL meaning.