it is cashfan

Old 05-19-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

it is cashfan

Maybe some of you will remember me. I did do a post, but it didnt work, so here I go again. I was normally cashfan, but lost my computer, and when we got aother one, my email addy was gone and I could not recover my details.
If a mod can find my old username and details, I have joined under a new email addy, would be great.
Well, hubby has Cirrhosis, and he and I have been thru hell and back. He almost died. I was so sick of his boozing, he was never abusive to me, mainly just a lazy sod, and embarrassing. My first husband was a bashing alcoholic. its a connection I married two. Anyways, my husband was on deaths door, if you can find my old posts. CashFan was my nic. He gave up drinking. He has not drank since the ambulance rushed him to hospital just over a year ago. He has had taps done, because he had bad ascites, too much fluid in the abdomen. he was yellow, whites of his eyes yellow. It was death really. I think it scared the crapola out of him. restricted low sodium diet, low red meat, but especially no booze. He did it, and after prolly 14 months, he has his meld score down to ten. It was way higher, I do not remember who, but a nice lady here helped me with meld scores and stuff. The best thing is he quit drinking, the worst part was his suffering. Bruised badly, bled a lot, he had to move to the spare room. No intimacy for us for the entire time, still none, and that may sound petty, but I stood by my man, and still will, because he gave up drinking. His meld score is down to ten now. His blood work is coming back good/better.
Now, unfortunately for him and me, I caught encephalitis from a mosquito bite back in early march. I had a gran seizure from it, and split my head open very badly, I was in neuro for 14 days or so with a head wound, I have lost all memory of the whole month of march. im on all sorts of meds now, I was on endone in hospital for pain. I left hospital without the pain killer med, cos it made me feel so good in hospital, pain disappeared, and I had a real well being feeling with it. id have got addicted, and I an not a hero or nuthin, but watching your husband go thru an alcohol addiction, caring for him, cleaning his faeces, vomit and blood daily, anything that makes me feel good, I just think od him, pathetic drunk, dying and struggling so bad from booze, then imagine his withdrawal, I just left hospital without the delicious endone. The real thing, is that hubby coped on his own without me. i have also had my drivers license taken from me for six months in case of another seizure. Hubby is now well enuff to drive. So, here i am back here, when I got so much support in the early stages, and if someone knows if ten is good as a meld score, I am still not real well with memory from the encephalitis, he was so much higher. Anyways, hope someone here remembers me, and I will always be here for anyone who just needs to talk about the heartache of having an alcoholic loved one.
Leah
Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cashfan,

I am so glad you are back! Of course I remember you and your Johnny Cash avatar.
Wow, encephalitis. Geez, enough hard stuff for you now.
Thank you for coming back.

Beth
Old 05-19-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back. I am glad you are not driving for you!
You have come through so much and it would be rotten to get injured in the car.
Good for you and your hubby. He is lucky to have had a real live guardian angel.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks beth, i am very slow but I only lost one month, that was march. I still have a head wound the size of an orange that has gone from sticking out, to a big fat permanant indent.
I want my old user details back, maybe admin can send to my new email addy.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

aww thanks holly, thats lovely