He's in rehab

Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's in rehab

Well, he's finally in rehab. My mom and I took him up there this afternoon and he was so happy. I am happy too, but man I am nervous. As many of you know I have anxiety issues (agoraphobia). I do not stay at home (or anywhere) alone, and I do not drive. I haven't since I was 18 and I'm 31 now. My husband was, once upon a time, my "safe person", which basically means that he was the only one that I felt safe with.

So, here I am at my grandmother's house. I should feel safe here, I grew up here. BUT, I feel lost, lonely, and anxious. I will be ok though, I know I will. I'm just thankful he wanted to go to get help finally, with no "push" from me this time. Our dogs (we have 2), couldn't come with me because my grandma has a tiny dog that our dogs would eat for a snack..ugh. So, my step-dad and uncle came up to our house today to put a fence around our back patio (covered) area for them to stay. Mom will take me up there once a day to feed them, give them water, and let them out to run for a bit.

I am worrying about them though. They are house dogs, and I'm sure they are so confused. I can do this, I can do this..
Just feeling down a bit I guess. Hoping for nothing but happiness and my husband to be well.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

find your strength

~god bless
Old 04-22-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hoping you find some peace and strength.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

My cat had to stay with a friend once
when I was in NC
and I had to go see her every other day.

It was very stressful
but we got through it.

You can do this.

You're not alone.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay strong and use the time to find your inner strength. My wife is in her 4th week of a six week rehab program. It is very lonely once the kids are in bed.

It sounds like you have a very supportive family. Tell them how much they mean to you.

Dogs are strong animals and they have each other for company. They will cope.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone. We went up and fed them this morning (yesterday morning since it's past midnight) and our little female had found a little hole to crawl under to get out of the fence, but thank God she was still in the yard and ready to get back in the fence..lol Went around the bottom of the fence and tried to fix the parts that they may get out of..I hope they stay in there. Fed them and let them play a bit and gave them lots of pets..haha. But, I felt much better today. I may even go out with a girlfriend this weekend. She wants me to go somewhere..not sure I'm wanting to, but I think I will make myself go. Talked to AH and he is doing well..says he is feeling really good and is glad to be there, so, I gotta take care of myself. First time in a long time I have done so. Thanks again you all!!
(((((Hugs))))))
Old 04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wish you strength and peace.

i wish true recovery for your husband. Keep working on your own program!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Not sure where to ask this question but here it goes...does anyone have experience with intervention? What were the results?