Been gone for a little while

Old 11-15-2003, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Been gone for a little while

Hello everyone,
I have been gone for a while and have been meaning to get back on - things have just been so crazy since the fires.

Things really haven't changed between me and my A - the only thing that has is that I feel even more distant from him than ever. I've found myself lately getting really irritated with how he treats me. I feel like I can't be myself when I am around him. He just doesn't accept me for who I am and when I try to be me - I get pushed into the shadows by his viewpoints and thoughts. I know I can't change him and my feeling is now that the only way this will work is if I leave. I just don't want to be forced into the shadows anymore and I can't be me when I am with him.

The good news is that the rest of my life is going well. I started a new job a few weeks ago and I really love it. I am now the office manager for an ophthamologist office and I love it! It is really my niche and I can really be me when I am there. I love going to work every day and I also love the time I have alone with my children. Everything is wonderful when my A isn't around. But as soon as he shows up the tension starts. I just want to get away.

I've also started individual counseling, which I think will go well. I think she can really help me get to some of my issues and help me work through them. We're still going to marriage counseling although it doesn't seem to be doing any real good. I'm also going to Alanon meetings regularly and have even lead the meetings a few times (that was fun). Plus my children and I are in church every Sunday.

I've really missed everyone here and I hope to be back again regularly. I need a place to vent, which I just haven't been able to for a while.

It's feels so good to be back!!
Kitkat
Old 11-15-2003, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya Kitkat!

Sounds like you're really starting to get things in order in your life. The job sounds wonderful... congrats! Everything else coming up roses and there he is... the weed. Good to see you!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 11-15-2003, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sdp

Good to see you!!
Sounds like things are looking up. You go, girl!!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Welcome back kitkat.....

So glad things are looking up....Keep up with the beat.....

Love and prayers