help

Old 04-12-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, last night was interesting. She came into my room and laid down on the bed when it was bedtime, started flipping through the channels like she owned the place, she settled on her soaps that I hate watching when it is bedtime, because they are in spanish and I don't like soaps. I asked her if there wasn't something else on t.v. that we could all watch and she ignored me the first time, then I asked a second time and she got up and left the room. I didn't miss her last night and it was kind of nice for the first time that I laid in bed and just thought to myself well this is great there is no friction in the room.

I don't know what she thinks or what goes through her mind. But she hasn't come back to me to talk about anything that happened and she thinks just because I let her give me a little peck on the lips that things are ok and they aren't.

I have been looking for a meeting to attend and tomorrow I am going to one with the person who is in charge of my daughters detox so that will be interesting to hear other people and their stories.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That feeling, when you laid there, and just let it be, I think that grows.
And it is a mini version of detaching.

You dont have to buckle into her roller coaster everytime she has a reaction to normal communication, or a mood swing, or a bender.

Protect yourself, commit to having a nice day/night, and do your best to keep your eyes on your own paper, goals, plans, etc.

Do not get derailed by her chaotic mental existence. Or get sucked into her need to deflect blame, or deny issues.

She may become angry that you wont dance with her.

So what. Your day/ night/next several years are yours to make what you want out of them.