Comfort food??

Old 11-13-2003, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Comfort food??

Okay, loving mom gave me an idea and I'm hungry so this thread will be about comfort foods. As you all know, I've been working out and going to weight watchers so I haven't been indulging in my comfort foods much lately but I can still talk about them

So here's the question, when things get rough, whether it's with the A in your life, your kiddies, friends, work, PMS time, whatever, what comfort foods could get you through it?

For me, let's see, chocolate, especially those hershey's dark chocolates, sweetes, did I mention chocolate??? It really doesn't matter what it is, ice cream, cake, brownies, cookies, candy, cheesecake..as long as it has...get this CHOCOLATE in it

Okay, what is YOUR comfort food???

Sped teach
Old 11-13-2003, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A big fat greasy cheesburger dripping with mayo, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tons of onions and pickles and tomatoes; a huge tub of hot, salty french fries and a chocolate milkshake. And don't talk to me while I'm eating - I need to savor every bite. It makes my almost comatose. (This almost sounds like a love affair - LOL!!)
Old 11-13-2003, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Mashed potatoes, chicken pot pie, freshly baked bread, popcorn, macaroni and cheese, tea and pastry, lamb stew, most casseroles, and, yes, of course, ANYTHING CHOCOLATE! Devils food cake, lindt truffles (put a whole one in your mouth and wait for it to melt through to the center), french mint chocolate, hot chocolate, chocolate cream pie, mousse, Hershey's - the great american chocolate bar, homemade brownies with macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips, - so many choices and so much weight. But it is theraputic to at least talk about them.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, biscuits with Karo syrup, hot chocoloate (home made with whole milk!), caramel sauce, banana bread with chocolate chips....
Old 11-13-2003, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh my...who knew there were so many chocoloate lovers out there??? LOL. I an not big on chocoloate..(sorry)...but I truly indulge on Chex Mix...but only the light colored ones (rice or corn) ...I am increadably picky about it. I go through the bag and pick out the ones I like..then my hubby gets the rest..cause he doesnt like mine and I dont like pretzels and stuff. But it has to have a Dr. Pepper along with it. Petunia...you mentions one of my most favorite meals..one of the first I ever made by myself. Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes with Cream gravy, Sweet baby peas and carrots..hot cross rolls with butter dripping off of em...UMMMMM Boy...good eatin...guess I pretty much know what I am making for dinner tonight huh? LOL

Seriously though guys....Thank you. For listening to me...for being there when things are horrible...and for being there to listen when things are great. Small triumphs still need to be celebrated...and I turn here to do that.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Spedteach, I know what you are saying. I am a CA ( chocolate addict). Anything chocolate---from raw cookie dough to cocoa krisp is my favorite. But I have been watching my weight for a year now and when I am going through something that life throws me, I look at my calorie intake for the day and then look at my before picture, and say "Stop". You can get through this. Its hard but take it a day at a time.

Hugs and Kisses
Old 11-13-2003, 10:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Coffee.

Occasionally peppermint stick icecream.

Mostly coffee.