Why do they disappear?

Old 07-07-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Theresamarie...sooo sorry you're going through this.

Why not open a new thread? That way, people will see you and you'll get the support you need.

(((((Hug )))))
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yes, welcome! Also, you might get responses more specific to your situation on the "Friends and Family of Substance Abusers" forum. To get there, just click at the top where it says "Friends and Family" and you will find that forum a couple down. This forum is Friends and Family of Alcoholics. You are welcome to post here, but as I said, you might get more responses that are relevant to your exact situation on that forum.

We all know what it's like to have a loved one in the grip of an addiction, though, and with no family of your own nearby it can feel very lonely. Have you been to any Nar-Anon meetings? Hope you will keep posting--there is great support here at SR!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Will he even contact me?
I hope you pray that he never does. If he does, it's not because of love or caring, it's because he needs an enabler again. Codependents are "addicted" to drunks as alcoholics are to booze, the craving you're feeling is the disease. Alanon is a lifesaver in healing us so we can have happy relationships with people who aren't as disturbed.