Another week, another update (warning: drama)

Old 03-02-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Hanging in there!!!!

New and just getting started me and husband both addicts we been clean 3 wks now seperated but talking families are both fighting! Lot of mess but trying to put God frist and take it day by day hard!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Cool

"...Her family has been trying to contact her, but she won't answer their phone calls or texts.
"...I've held off on contacting them to tell them what's going on...they're 3000 miles away, and I figure if they really wanted to know they would call me and ask. Which they will eventually. Until then, it's not my job to play Chicken Little and tell everyone that the sky is falling..."

You're absolutely right; it's not your job to play Chicken Little and tell everyone that the sky is falling, however, it seems to me, by what you've written, that they may be worried about their daughter (why they haven't already called you for information is a whole 'nuther kettle of fish). It wouldn't hurt to give them a call and just give them the hi-lites.

Obviously you needn't share all your information with your in-laws (kinda like using 'age-appropriate' language when dealing with children), but it might be seen as a nice gesture on your part........but then...............

Shoot, I just realised; I haven't kept up with all your postings here, so I could be way off when it comes to you and yer in-laws (y'all could have a totally toxic relationship; whaduIknow.....?

Anyway, I'm sorry you're going through all this, but it seems that you're doing very well (good head on yer shoulders, etc.) Just keep doin' whatcher doin;' thing will work out the way they're supposed to. Prayers 'n good thoughts goin' out for you and your 'W' and your family, and her family......et al

(o:
NoelleR