Sort of OT: he quit his job...

Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sort of OT: he quit his job...

...the C.S. Office called me to inform me that XAH called them this morning to rant about how they weren't going to get another red cent from him, since he quit his job. Little does he know that if he applies for unemployment, the C.S. office will taken 50% of it to pay off the arrears he owes.

I wonder how long it'll take before he relocates to another province...

This whole "wait and see" strategy has *really* yielded some good stuff, gotta say

Sorry for posting this; I know it's rather off topic, but I needed to tell someone!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a lot of things to say about this, but all the words that come to mind regarding your ex would be censored out, and it's kind of silly to have a post full of asterisks, you know?

Anyway -- yet another reason to celebrate you're not with him anymore, right?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

things do have a away of working themselves out when we step back, don't they?

and now you have a witness for his behavior who isn't related to you. That enhances the credibility.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Sounds like he thinks he's so smart right now.

They'd rather cut off their nose to spite their own face then face the consequences of their own actions.

I must say, when I'm no longer sucked into all the related drama but can watch from a distance, watching XABF sometimes is better than watching a soap opera.
Maybe you should write this stuff down, and sell it to one of the soaps as an idea for the show? I'll confess, I've been tempted.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I have a lot of things to say about this, but all the words that come to mind regarding your ex would be censored out, and it's kind of silly to have a post full of asterisks, you know?

This had me snorting and muffling my laughter at my desk lillamy. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Kinda reminds me of a toddler throwing themselves down on the floor of a supermarket when they don't get their own way.

Glad about that X in the XAH, I bet?

Tx
Old 01-31-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh yeh, VERY glad about the "X" part. Thankfully, because he neglected to come to court and abused me, I got my divorce early for cause of "mental cruelty".

TBH, I was hoping that the garnishment would eventually force him to quit his job and leave the province...let's hope that this is what's happening!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

HA! Tell the folks that when they get their ranting e-mails that you don't want to hear a word about them!

Oh....I wish I could have been a fly on the wall....
Old 01-31-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
TBH, I was hoping that the garnishment would eventually force him to quit his job and leave the province...let's hope that this is what's happening!
Careful what you wish for.. it might come true

*crosses fingers for you*

Tx
Old 01-31-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Old 01-31-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yep, yep, yep. I hear ya with the kind of waiting for him to quit his job thing, Noday. Although I don't think he'll leave state; he has a pretty cushy life right now, no responsibilities... I fully expect to get one CS payment and then he'll quit his job because his employers disrespected him or didn't have enough hours or.... Then we'll start all over again....

I haven't seen a red cent for CS yet since the divorce, even though XAH said he was 'going down to the CS office to take care of that today' at our divorce hearing - at the beginning of December. Snerk. He owes enough back CS to for a downpayment on a home and that is with him 'letting' me keep his dividend checks.

Ohhhhh... Just thought of something: Betcha he thought the dividends would square it up and that was why he was going to go to the CS office: "Look I gave her $x already, I think I should be done." That must have been a rude awakening for him....

Your CS office calls you? I'm lucky to get a letter from the CS office here... I mean they're nice and all when I call, but I have to call.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Your CS office calls you? I'm lucky to get a letter from the CS office here... I mean they're nice and all when I call, but I have to call.
My CS office, here in Oakland County Michigan has no address for my ex (although I have given them the address in Louisiana many times) recently sent his statement to my address. Just to keep me informed I guess.

The amount as of September 2010 is $35,638.00. Yes, I have to laugh, or cry.
Geez, he just told me today of a payment he will receive from Social Security for injuries sustained while working. (Lower back surgeries and the ensuing problems, along with carpal tunnel syndrome.) His work is rough carpentry.

I got a tax offset notice, can his social security payment be "offset"?

sorry nodaybut2day, I should have started my own thread.
I was amazed that your CS office calls you. I think mine are embarassed at the amount and the complete lack of follow through to collect payments.
He is in the United States of America!
He could move to another province just to avoid payment, but it seems they will find him if he works. Mine works under the table, but, how to get SS when you havent been "working" for real.

Noday, you deserve the best in life for you and your daughter. And in the name of everything holy, for your parents to be left in peace. I hope for all involved it works for the best for all.

Beth

(sorry about the whining rant.)
Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Holy guacamole, Wicked. I was amazed that XAH owed about 1/2 that amount. Yeah, I'm wondering when XAH will think of working under the table for a couple of his drinking/druggie buddies.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
I was amazed that your CS office calls you. I think mine are embarassed at the amount and the complete lack of follow through to collect payments.
Well, it took them a while to get things started (divorce was granted on July 1st, 2010, and C.S. payments began at the end of December 2010, which is a very slow turn around time for them), but once it was started, an agent was assigned to my file. I can call him anytime to discuss the situation, and he calls me whenever there's a change in my file. It's pretty nice to have someone to ask questions to...It's nowhere near a "perfect" system, but from what I understand it's much better than what's found elsewhere...the only thing is that here in Canada, no one goes to jail for unpaid arrears. At most, a driver's license will be revoked, but lots of people drive without licenses or don't drive at all...

wicked...I can't believe the amount of money your X owes you. Astounding.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I get the feeling that must have been one doozy of a rant by your EX to prompt them to call you.

I imagine they just want to inform you so that you know what's happening with your daughter's support payments, but it does kinda crack me up that they are now getting those lovely calls from X where you used to. The upside for them as that it's their job to deal with deadbeats.

You are but a bystander in this chaos. How refreshing to stand at a distance and let professionals take him on. Sit back and wait to see it unfold. CS obviously has your daughter's interest in mind and maybe even a little streak of vengeance against your EX.

Bravo!

Alice