Hi everyone...

Old 12-15-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Who can I trust?

Hi everyone...

Hi, I'm still Tim and havent posted in about a year exactly almost.

I've been working my program solid for about a year also. Some mnths I went everyday with working 60+ hour weeks. Has made me feel better. Still have some hard days and flip outs I'll call them but hey, I'm not perfect.

I went through my old posts and WOW. I can see I'm in a better place with certain things and not so well still in others.

Just wanted to say HI. Will be posting more soon.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Welcome back.
I haven't read my own posts yet. It scares me

Thanks for your thread as I got inspired by your commitment and determination!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Who can I trust?

Thanks. Got lots of work for myself still. I'm in a sarcasim mnth it seems. Been dealing with working on my issues left by my A father.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trust

In todays world people often mistake quantity for quality. You need only a few good friends and as for trust that takes time and acceptance of who you are and who your friends are. Understanding yourself better will help you in your understanding of others. Sober or not we all struggle from time to time those who have good coping strategies have a distinct advantage. Those strategies need only be learned to enhance your journey through life. Know your strengths and work on your weaknesses.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

TimTim,
"Trust is the easiest thing in the world to loose, and the hardest thing in the world to get back." R. Williams

"Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow." Horace

"Trust lies at the core of love; there can be no true love without trust." M.K.Soni

"It is impossible to go through life without trust: That is to be imprisoned in the worst cell of all, oneself. " Graham Greene

"Trust is always earned, never given." R. Williams

"It's better to be trusted than liked." Author Unknown from Achieve Your Dreams

"A human being is only interesting if he's in contact with himself. I learned you have to trust yourself, be what you are, and do what you ought to do the way you should do it. You have got to discover you, what you do, and trust it. " Barbara Streisand

"Trust your mind to think with time; patience is the key." Nathan Watson from It Will Come

Old 12-19-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

AlAnon and therapy helped me figure out what was wrong with me!! All those bad habits of mind I learned growing up with an A dad. Turns out those habits can be broken.

Good luck Tim Tim! Keep reaching out and seeking and accepting help. When you truly trust yourself you will be able to trust others again.

Peace,
B.