Candlelight Meeting?

Old 12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Candlelight Meeting?

probably a silly question, but does this mean in actual candleight?

i am going to my first al-a-non meeting tomorrow, but I cant decide which one to go to. There are two within a few miles from my house tomorrow, one is at a church (will that make it extra religious?) and the other says its a candlelight meeting. i am assuming that means real candles, and isnt code for it being a specific type of meeting, right?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went to a few "candlelight" meetings, and yes, they were actually in candlelight. It wasn't much different than a normal meeting, except it was....with the darkness, it was like I didn't feel so "exposed". It was pretty cool.

Now, I'm an RA (recovering addict) and my meeting was NA, but I would assume the same would apply to al-anon. I'm also a recovering codie, so I think it would be worth checking out.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-13-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

JayneCali,
Concerning the two al-a-non meetings for tomorrow. I've gone to both types. It really depends on your goals on for attending the meetings. The one meeting at the church will probably not be that "overly religious". It really depends on the denomination of the church, but most of the time the church is just used for the facility. Well, the candle light meeting is............