The sadnes, like the anger, is subsiding

Old 09-20-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

What you said to him is the truth, but you could have just said, "Good stuff, can you pass the bean dip?"
I know. I usually do. But I took the gloves off today. Still, it was a totally watered down version of what I used to do.

He called back, predictably, to say he was just lashing out (ya think?) at me because he's so ashamed. I said, I know. Let me know when you have a plan IN ACTION to stop destroying your life and your kids lives.

He said his plan is to start going to AA when I leave town the first weekend in October to speak in Madison. Okey dokey.

It is a little weird to hear him say that, because he's always degraded folks who go to AA. But, it's not my problem. Not my business. I'll believe it when I see it.

Have you read some of your early posts recently?
Yeah, I did when my anniversary rolled around. It's intense. Everyone should go back and see where they came from. It makes brings gratitude to where we are.

And this,
Did I tell you a duck bit me when I was little? I wish I had been done with ducks then, LOL.
is quite funny!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ducks quack
Snakes are poisonous
Drinkers drink
Jerks continue to be jerks
ha, ha. thanks, tc, good one!

at the end of my relationship with xABF, i felt like an all-seeing prophet. he would say one thing, and in my head, i would think "what is actually going to happen here?"

example:

xABF: "i'm going to let my apartment go and move to a caravan so i can get sober"
naive-in-head: "that means he'll be homeless, in the town, depressed and drinking more"

xABF: "i'm going to take my paycheck and put it towards my overdrawn bank overdraft"
naive-in-head: "he'll do no such thing. he'll drink it and owe more when it bounces"

xABF: "i won't meet my visiting brothers, as all they'll want to do is get drunk"
naive-in-head: "he'll meet them, wait until they are totally drunk and then tap them"

xABF: "i need £10 for gas to go to work tomorrow"
naive-in-head: "sure you do. £10 = 3 pints and no work tomorrow"

anyway, i got tired of this game, being the all seeing prophet of the future. i ended up right most of the time but so what? really, who wants to be with someone who has actually convinced themselves of their own fantasy reality?

naive
Old 09-20-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i know how you feel; it made me cry for 7 minutes. Lots of light and love your way.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Still Waters, you're perfect just the way you are!
I think I have this all backwards. I started sad, now I'm mad!
And Naive, you're our prophet. I tell ya, not all recovering Codies can translate or be prophetic. That's your special skill. Your secret power.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I had a nightmare as a child of a giant duck chasing me up the sidewalk in front of my house. I woke up and ran to the livingrom to look out to see if he was there. My Dad was sitting there reading the morning paper. No giant duck......whew.....scary