Teaching my kids boundries

Old 08-16-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Teaching my kids boundries

My stbxah is still texting my dd's, just not as much as he was. He always gets drunk first, obviously. Yesterday he texted them asking if anyone was interested in HIS side of the story. Noone was ,and they just ignored him. I am so proud of them that they see what he is and don't play his games anymore. H
Old 08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

How sad when people drag their children into their battles.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So pathetic, and even tho the DD's seem to handle this ok, it must still hurt and tug at the heartstrings.

It seems they have set their own boundaries here, and this is a valuable lesson for their future, learning how and where to put the boundary.

God bless
Old 08-17-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, it is pathetic and sad that he does this to them. My oldest is the most affected, as she was the one that tried to make dad happy when he was here. She would cook him dinner, make cookies, make sure all his stuff was where he could find it. If essece, she was trying to be me, because she was tired of the complaining that he did about me and how I was failing him. Now she is just hurt, but trying to move on with her life and working on herself. The other one appears to be stronger and not care as much, but she is not fooling me. I know its hard on them. H
Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

I am so glad that being sober and in AL ANON that I can teach my children...LIFE LESSONS...tonite was one for my boy...a friend of his> his mother, was feeling overwhelmed and cancelled a sleep over...my son freaked...I told him..."to DEAL with it"..in a proper way (not throwing things and stuff....) he is learning...and he gets better and better, only because my daughter and i walk away when the BLAST starts...LOL...then there is no show for him to put on when us girls walk away...<<<lol, god, i so love this guy!