His blocked number mysteriously got through

Old 07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

His blocked number mysteriously got through

I don't get it. I PAY for a service to block his number. All it blocked tonight was his name. So basically, it was a service for him. He got in one call and one text. I double checked my account and it says his number is blocked. I want my money back.

It's the first time I've heard his voice in nearly 5 months (wow! time flies). He was soooooo drunk. I stayed on the phone longer than I should have. I should have hung right up. I think I was on for about 10 or 15 minutes. I was trying to be assertive (ya! that works with drunk people! ya! pfft!). I told him if he showed up at my place, I'd call the police. I told him that he was harassing me and asked him if he understood that (what happens to my logical mind when I talk to him?)

He blathered on about how everyone has abandoned him, how he's all alone, how he went to AA today and was going to get back on track, how he wants me to forgive him, how, how, how....

I basically kept repeating that I didn't want him in my life again and to stop harassing me. I finally hung up. He couldn't call back but he sent me a text and a half dozen emails (all filtered to trash).

What alcoholism does to people is just horrible. It's horrible that we all go through this, the alcoholics and the people who care about them. I know you guys all know that, but I have to type it anyway.

I was disturbed by it for about a half an hour, but was able to return to the work I've been doing this evening and concentrate fully. I'm taking a break now and thought I'd check in.

Hope you're all having a great weekend and finding some you time.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

any chance you can change your phone number? this guy isn't letting go perhaps best that he doesn't have your phone number anymore. i know it's a hassle to change your number but it might pay off in the long run.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're doing fine, KP... you've got a good head on your shoulders. I know it's disturbing and it IS so, so very sad what this disease does. I'm not a big believer in "the devil" but if I was, addiction would certainly be considered his "best" work!

That's odd about his number getting through! Maybe just a computer glich?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Sorry that happened KP.

Good on you for getting back to your work! Your recovery is showing!

Keep on keeping on!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sorry, but it's just a little blip..you are just fine!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks everyone. I called my phone company, but they have no explanation for his call getting through. They refunded me for one month of the "service" though.

So frustrating. I don't suppose you can file harassment charges for harassing emails and phone calls?
Old 07-18-2010, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You can always change your phone number and email. If the emails are going to your trash folder, unless you are in the habit of reading your trash, you won't see them. As was suggested, changing your phone number might be a little inconvenient, but it's fairly easy to send out a new email informing everyone of your new number. I just did that last week. You hold the key to stopping him from contacting you.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So frustrating. I don't suppose you can file harassment charges for harassing emails and phone calls?
KP, call the police and ask them what your options are ... some states are pretty liberal in that area. Here's a link that will take you to the laws for your state: Stalking - Stalking Laws by State Don't hesitate to file charges if that's what you want to do!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My phone number is on all of my business cards (the cards weren't cheap). I use it for work life and my personal life. Changing it isn't an option for me, not matter how annoying he is. Hopefully the blocking service will not fail again. I'll also be sure to memorize his number so, when he does call, I'll know it's him. It's easier to just hang up on him than to change my number. It's a good suggestion though.

I'm not as emotionally disturbed by his attempts as I used to be. It used to put me in a tailspin. Not anymore. Things do get better I guess.

I was surprised when I realized how long it's been since I've talked to him. It's amazing that he continues to try after all this time. That's a long time!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

drunk dialing 101

LOL hugs!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeepPedaling View Post
Not until you can fully say that you have changed all your contact info and he still continues to get through.

Sorry you are going through this. I'm am too and know the feeling all too well. I haven't changed my numbers yet but that will be the next step if contact continues.