OT-pay it forward

Old 06-11-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aboutdone

OT-pay it forward

Just a little off topic, but I really had such a good day today and wanted to share.

Today I had to go pay my daughters speeding ticket in another county. A strict county at that, in another state. I went to courthouse to pay, and the nice young lady, quietly asked me if I had an atty. I said no, just want to pay and be done with it. She said, the ticket will post 3 points to your daughters driving record. So she told me to go down stairs, and ask to speak with prosecuting atty to see if they would amend it, since was her first ticket. I REALLY didn't want to do this, as I'm the type, you do the crime, you pay the time. She was really nice though and insisted she wasn't going to take payment until I did what she said, and said it all with a smile.

I went downstairs, spoke with prosecuting atty, and they amended the ticket to a lesser charge. The fine was the same, however there was no points accrued due to the amendment. I went back upstairs, with the amendment, and paid her the fine. She was all smiles, and told me of how she seen my daughter was 16 and she didn't want her to get started off on the wrong foot. I was so thankful and wished her a happy Friday. She made my day, AND she didn't have to. There was no reason at all to help me or my daughter with that. What a very sweet, kind, caring individual.

I then went to cash a check, and was told my DL had expired. I guess hitting 40 last week caused me to immediately lose my memory, as it expired on my birthday, and I totally missed it. I went to the bureau to get a new license, and that lady was just as happy as could be. I almost didn't pass the eye exam, and she told me she was passing me anyways, as long as I agreed to get in to eye DR, which is planned for next week anyways. I stated she must be having a good Friday, and she stated, its not bad, I'm just always nice, with a huge smile.

These 2 ladies that I never met before, and will probably never see again, absolutely made my day.

I know it goes without saying, that we all should be like this, however some days I get down right grouchy with all I have on my plate. I have decided that tomorrow and everyday after, I will try to make someones day better, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!8
Old 06-11-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok. Look on another bright day coming your way. Making someones day better is a wonderful way to go, and you can mark me down on the list....because this post

MADE MY DAY BETTER.

God bless
Old 06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

What a beautiful post! Wouldn't it be great if there were more people who seem to genuinely care about others? These days, it's hard to find it once, let alone twice in one day. Thanks for sharing this!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, aboutdone. It helped remind me that not every day is going to be as rough as this week has been.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Ok. Look on another bright day coming your way. Making someones day better is a wonderful way to go, and you can mark me down on the list....because this post

MADE MY DAY BETTER.

God bless
Same here.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote