The present moment is a great place to inhabit

Old 06-11-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

The present moment is a great place to inhabit

I see it a lot with others and myself: past, future, past or future... but NO present.

Affirmation for today:

Today I will strive to habitate the present moment.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. :ghug3
Old 06-11-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, this moment is a wonderful place in which to be, because there is no other place in which we CAN be.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here, here.
The amazing thing is, when I am in the moment, I am blissed out on life.
When I am somewhere else (like this morning!), it is SO HARD to get back to now.
I am like a wild child that won't get dressed in the morning.
I am calling out to *myself* saying, "Come here! Come to the moment! There is peace here..." and my wild child is grumpy and frazzled and stubborn and not listening and not standing still. Avoiding. Fighting. Flailing.

Okay. Just breathe.
Feelings are okay. They won't kill me.
Just breathe.

Thanks.

Peace
Old 06-11-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AMEN!!

Surviving yesterday has brought me to today, and I'm going to enjoy it because it is as much a reward as it is a gift.

Recent events in my household have me strapping into a roller coaster, but you remind me that it is about the journey each day. So I shall live in the moment, throw my hands in the air, and shout WAHOOO around the turns!

Thanks for this, TC!!!

Alice
Old 06-11-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks for your replies!

I have been so stressed out lately but I also remember the HALT rule and when I accept I got ALL the letters (hunger, anger, loneliness and tiredness) I can be better to myself and start working on passing the HALT then going back to whatever it is that bugged me. Many times it is not longer there or I can easily disregard it.

Or also, I am super sensitive to noise, lately instead of hating life I just LEAVE wherever the noise is. Or I take a nap then wake up when everyone is asleep... and everything is quiet... I can feel myself and be with myself again. I miss myself. Coming back to the present is like coming back to me, where I can say "take a breath, do you see it? here is your new chance to raise above yourself and be the best version of YOU that you can imagine"

Peace and silence is such a luxury, I am learning I can resort to it inside me, because outside it is scarce and I get very frustrated trying to fight that reality.