I think he finally understands.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Maybe someday he'll be okay. Maybe someday he'll find and thank me. Maybe someday he'll apologize....and really mean it.

I hope this for you! I admire your strength
Old 04-29-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You are awesome, KV as so many have said. You may not feel like it right now, but you are displaying strength and courage that are admirable! And everyone's comments to you are so helpful, I especially loved Naive's... she is so eloquent, thoughtful and wise.

Keep being strong and brave... we are here for you!

Huggs!
Tigg
Old 04-29-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
11/11/07

Awesome for you! Best of luck and whether you know it or not, you are doing the best thing for him as well ( by leaving him) sometimes we A's need to fall hard in order to get back up, (unfortunately some choose to stay down). Best of luck you are a strong woman!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Stay strong...

Stay strong, I admire your courage.

I know it's hard to leave, I thought I'd be better at picking "next time", too, but I didn't recover from A ex-husband.

I now joined Nar-anon. Best thing I can offer you is join Ala-non or Nar-anon, whichever fits you, and work on YOU before someone "finds" you. They seem to know how to find me. LOL. I'm glad to start working my own program.

HUGS,
Sending love your way, too.
Kim
Old 04-30-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Thanks guys, again.

As the old saying goes, breaking up is hard to do--even if it is for the best.

I'm alright though. Just an up and down emotional wreck--you'd think I'd be used to that by now and can handle it! lol

F2F meeting tomorrow night. Haven't been in awhile, for a variety of reasons. Think I'm gonna go.

Today I am going to the theater to see a movie. Going to force myself, kind of. Friday's are my day off from work and with the kids in school it was always me and ABF's day to spend together. Normally we went to a movie together so this will be the first time I go alone. Just want to reassure myself I can do something by myself and still have a good time.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My admiration for you grows each post.
Yes, it is a good idea to do something on your day off, BUT....need it be a movie? If you and your ex used to go to the movies on your Fridays off work, it could be a bit soon to do this alone. Could you make a new action for your day off?

Something to pamper yourself, perhaps.....or go for a picnic with a friend, look at bits and pieces for your house.....whatever will halt the "tradition" you had with him.

Have you in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless
Old 04-30-2010, 06:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Awww man......but I wanna see the new Nightmare on Elm Street!!! I either go today and pay $7 matinee or go Saturday night and pay the $12 night charge AND $30 for a sitter.

LOL

Yeah, I'm not really functioning fast enough to make it by noon anyway. It was just kind of a thought. I'll come up with something though. Gotta do some shopping today, might just splurge on some candles and clean all day until I can crash on the couch this evening to a clean house that smells like ocean breeze and/or black cherry and plum (those are my favorites and believe it or not they smell awesome when burned together).

I haven't had to do this in awhile...but by golly I'm planning to laugh my butt off about something or another at some point today too. LOL
Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Originally Posted by kv816 View Post
I haven't had to do this in awhile...but by golly I'm planning to laugh my butt off about something or another at some point today too. LOL
After I typed this I went into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. Found a note my 9 year old left for me before they left for school. It said....

"Hi mom, this is (9 year old). Just wanted to say I love you. I hope you have a good day. I love you very much. Be sure to have fun today. I love you. Love (9 year old) and (5 year old). PS. We all love you lots and there's poop in the kitchen on the floor."

Apparently my daughter loves me. And my cat.....well.......yeah
Old 04-30-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

:rotfxko

there's poop on the floor.
That just made my day.