Thoughts and a piece of cake

Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thoughts and a piece of cake

I decided to go and get myself a cake today..there was none for Easter and I was craving it and plus I lost 24lbs so I should treat myself.
On the way home...I thought how I used to feel coming home to him and it wasnt that I was scared of him or what he would do, but the feeling I remember is that he was so unavailable. I couldnt get excited to see him..he just shot me down. So I ate my cake..(well 2 slices) and thought about this journey. It is so terribly hard and there is no denying this. But in the end there is peace. He wasnt really there for me...in body maybe but he made sure to rain on my parade any chance he got. Then once he went into rehab # 2 he got out expecting me to be there with open arms and I wasnt. And he always brought that up to me like I was so wrong with that as so did his cousin..that it should have been a fresh start is what they said. Then I realized, he wanted all this understanding from me with his issues but when it came to me he wanted me to be that fish with a hook in its mouth jumping around on the dock...

When I didnt come around in 14 weeks after dealing with his crap patiently for years and the emergency room visits, the lawyers, the rehabs...he moved on and seeking others. Really tells you something when it was time for him to understand where I was coming from, he tried to brand me as a monster. Ayeyaya.

Maybe I have been too hard on myself in this healing process. I had a glimmer of hope and how it would feel to come home to someone who would actually be there and I can watch TV with and maybe even have conversations with!! One day when I find myself first. Finding myself scares me the most.

Thanks for listening...
Lulu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
big_fish_game.jpg (23.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-06-2010, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

someone to be with ..to talk about my day with or have a regular tv show we both can't wait to watch together!!! I so understad what you mean!!! Funny...I had an urge for a cake yesterday so I went and got one too!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justsomegirl View Post
someone to be with ..to talk about my day with or have a regular tv show we both can't wait to watch together!!! I so understad what you mean!!! Funny...I had an urge for a cake yesterday so I went and got one too!!!
I hear you!! And yes..cake does make everything better. Maybe that is why I gained 44lbs being married to an A in 2 years!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yep...30 pounds here...and it went all to my rear!!! Couldn't even get big boobs out of the deal!!! I started going to the gym again and am hoping it helps with the self esteem and my general wellness.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on shedding the pounds BTW....
Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
COMFORT FOOD. i know when i'm eating Stouffer's Mac n Cheese NOTHING is a problem.
Didnt you recommend I get ice cream before? Well, I opted for cake and it was GREAT!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justsomegirl View Post
yep...30 pounds here...and it went all to my rear!!! Couldn't even get big boobs out of the deal!!! I started going to the gym again and am hoping it helps with the self esteem and my general wellness.
I can cheer ya on!! Go justsomegirl! You can do it!!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
On the way home...I thought how I used to feel coming home to him and it wasnt that I was scared of him or what he would do, but the feeling I remember is that he was so unavailable. I couldnt get excited to see him..he just shot me down.
I remember that feeling well. Four years before I kicked him out we bought our first house. A secluded, peaceful place on five acres in the oak forest. I remember how I loved coming home to the trees, the peace, the birds.....and then how I came to hate coming home. Never knowing what would await me there. After a long day at work, there were many times I just wanted to stay at work. My home, my sanctuary, became the place I dreaded. I have a different house now, but I love coming home at the end of the day.

L
Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
I remember that feeling well. Four years before I kicked him out we bought our first house. A secluded, peaceful place on five acres in the oak forest. I remember how I loved coming home to the trees, the peace, the birds.....and then how I came to hate coming home. Never knowing what would await me there. After a long day at work, there were many times I just wanted to stay at work. My home, my sanctuary, became the place I dreaded. I have a different house now, but I love coming home at the end of the day.

L
I know Lateeda..I can not get over the fact that we had it all..The house, the financial stability, the wedding, the honeymoon in Hawaii, vacations etc and he threw it all away for a bottle of beer. But then again, after I typed this I had to think..we had material things but emotionally and connection wise there was nothing. Zilch, zero. Actually after he stopped drinking that is when it go tougher..because he no longer had the drink in him he couldnt talk to me anymore. We became housemates. He started sleeping in the other room. For the last year he slept in that other room. Ok. Now he has his own apartment. I have my home and hopefully a nicer future. Thanks for sharing Lateeda
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

But in the end there is peace.
Yeah. I am living a life of peace now. So much calm and quiet and certaintly. It is wonderful.