Detox again!

Old 10-02-2003, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox again!

After three weeks of heavy drinking my AH finally was admitted to detox yesterday. What a relief! I thought that today I would continue to feel the relief of not having to smell the smell or listen to the words or feel him hanging all over me but instead I feel like I have been pulled through a knot hole - backwards!!!!!

I decided to not even get dressed today and just do nothing. I don't think I've had more than 2 hours sleep in a row for three weeks so I'm going to give myself today to just collapse. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be more ready to deal with the situation and start to figure out what I want to do with the rest of MY life. I'm not sure that I can afford emotionally and physically to deal with his situation much longer.

For today I know that he is in a safe place and that I don't have to deal with it. For today, I guess that has to be enough. I'm off to curl up with a good book!

Thanks for listening.

Jo
Old 10-02-2003, 05:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear you! I can remember back to a year ago when my husband went to detox about 5-6 times in one month. I just wanted to drop him off there so I could have some peace for a few hours or a few days, it didn't matter. It was the only time I could relax and not worry because I knew he was being taken care of. Why do we always feel its up to us to take care of them? Anyways, Just wanted to say I understand. Enjoy yourself... you're in my prayers.
paige
Old 10-02-2003, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Paige -

Thanks for the prayers. They are much needed. My AH snuck in a call to me from detox to inform me that he might be home TOMORROW!!!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whoops, hit the wrong key! I am not ready for him to come home. I haven't had a chance to talk to his case manager yet but sure hope he wants to keep him longer. This detox was the worst yet. He may be detoxed, but I don't think that I am yet. Guess they don't worry about that though!!!! Please God, give me the strength to look him in the face and not want to hit him. Let me feel some compassion for him. Give him the strength he needs to put one sober foot in front of the other, one day at a time. Help me to get myself in a good state of mind so that I can also continue to put one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. If not, this whole thing could
Old 10-02-2003, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DRIVE ME TO DRINK!!!!! HAHAHAHA

Jo
Old 10-02-2003, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Jojo

Lots of hugs. Detox can be a good thing. Short term detox didn't work for my ex. He had to go through a month of it this past January for things to finally sink in. He had been through short term detox three times before that. I hope that things work out for you and your husband. Most of all, I hope that you get some rest. You sound like a very weary soul right now. God bless, I will keep you in my prayers.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 10-02-2003, 06:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gabe. The hugs and prayers help to lift the weight None of my family live in the same state so it is nice to have the hugs of the SR "family".

Jo