It's Snowing!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's Snowing!!!

It's snowing! That means play time after work! YAY!

What's everyone doing this week that's fun?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Going out on Friday night...for the first time in YEARS!

Playing in the snow with my daughter, who's just discovered that snow is eatible! (Have to teach her to stay away from the yellow kind...)
Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Only snow around my way comes from The winter olympic broadcast on tv. It's 31 here today and muggy as heck.

Think I will go put some ice in a glass of orange juice, that's the nearest I will get to "cool" today, I fear.

Have to change KP from keep pedaling to keep playing. Enjoy the games.

God bless
Old 02-24-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Nope not much snow in Phoenix so after I ditch the kids at school tomorrow I'll run home and hop on the motorcycle for the rest of the day.

Wooooooooooooohhhhhoooooooooo!!!!!

Getcha motor runnin', head out on that highway.........
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Well I will go to a concert next week!!!! Oh is it only for this week??? The last concert I went to was the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK which reminds me of my sister and our childhood and it was GREAT!! Jordan appeared shirtless, so very sexy and Joe was supernice.. they had Mexican sombreros on and kept laughing, at some point they were singing but trying to conceal laughter, it was funny. The phrases they said didn't feel crafted, they felt very very honest! Anyway I will go see Alejandro Sanz with my BF and looking forward to that. Anvil I hope I can campaign for GF of the year and as BF is working too hard and struggling I may invite him to the concert... to me that $$$ is not that important and I want him to enjoy it without thinking "but I owe her the money". I WANT to do that. Its a GIFT without strings. I am excited!!!!

Well the other day I found a cheap dress that makes me look stunning!!! The other day I saw a pair of golden color shoes that go perfectly!! like slippers but very cute... my dress is Japanese-themed..so I'll go GET EM. did I mention they were CHEAP as well???? And two hair thingies like chopsticks ... now looking for Japanese inspired hair dos... looking forward to look stunning! just because I have been AFRAID of ppl paying attention to me most of my life..

Also I'll go to a gothic shop because I'll dress up in a contest in a few weeks! Need to prepare my outfit!! that excites me a lot and makes me happy.

What else? go to the BBQ, dancing lessons, a movie (something about Bones).. I watched it already but want to watch it with my BF again. I recommend it, I cried several times lol, now I'm one of those women who cry in the movies...

GREAT THREAD! No snow here either, its very very sunny!! I miss snow, the only time I knew it was when I lived in Finland. Thanks for making me remember how excited I was when I woke up after a siesta and everything was white. Wonderful! I'm getting all teary at work lol!! ah yes...that I got work to do...

Hugs!! build a snowman for me!! lol
Old 02-24-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

The lovely bones, is the title of the movie...
Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I just read really bad reviews for the movie. Oh well, there are moments that are not so good but it has a great message..........
Old 02-24-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
I just read really bad reviews for the movie. Oh well, there are moments that are not so good but it has a great message..........
Ahhh who cares if the movie is bad. Looking at Mark Wahlberg for a couple of hours never hurt anyone! Bad reviews or not!

Enjoy your night out!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
It's 31 here today and muggy as heck.

ok, that's gotta be Centigrade right? LOL

...heading for adventure, and whatever comes our way......
yeah, anvilhead, everyone else in the world goes by centigrade.
we, as americans choose to be hostile to change. LOL status quo!
if you have noticed, i have cabin fever
7 inches of snow on monday, another 2 inches today!

Soooooo,

born to be wiiiiiilllllddd!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

Oh my goodness! Excited about snow??? You are more than welcome to take some of this snow we have in Wisconsin! I am sooo sick of it and I would GLADLY send it your way! Only good thing about it is that I do enjoy playing with my dogs in it. THEY love it! This is me: lol
Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Going out to dinner tomorrow night with two girlfriends to celebrate one's birthday. In 20+ years and 2 marriages to two controlling AH's, I rarely went out with girlfriends, and every time felt guilty and hurried. NO MORE! So this will be great!

My Mum used to ask my brother and me; "what was the best part of ____?" Fill in the blank with... your day... your weekend... your vacation... whatever. This post KP, reminds me of that wonderful, thought provoking, positive question. Thank you for this post! And pay it forward. Ask someone you love what was the best part of their _____.

Huggs!
Tiggs
Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Posted by Jadmack and Anvil:
It's 31 here today and muggy as heck.

ok, that's gotta be Centigrade right? LOL

Yep, Anvil it's 31 muggy centigrade here at 7.30 AM in the morning, and they say we have more rain on the way. Bluh!! When they say rain at this time of year, we think in inches. So picture me in shorts and cotton top, as it rains warm water here and the heat often dries you out within a short time...till the next downpour.

They call it the WET SEASON.....oooh boy. You can see why.

God bless
Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post

They call it the WET SEASON.....oooh boy. You can see why.

Oh wow! Surf's up dudes & dudettes!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post

didn't you JUST state yesterday that you wished it would snow? from your mouth to god's ear eh?

not a lot room for FUN during the work week....altho...a friend of mine was raving about her brand new walking shoes, and shared a pic, cute as all get out and i said to myself...SELF, WE need new shoes. and Self agreed. so on my way to work this morning, already running late, i dashed on in to Freddy's and got ME the cutest dang shoes ever. OMG they have silver and LAVENDAR, and even came with alternate LAVENDAR laces!!! AND they have an itty bitty little sparklie doo dad. i am SO femmed out now. LOL.

yesterday i stopped and got the new Sade CD. ok, two, one for me, and one that i dropped off to my daughter at work as a surprise, cuz i'm campaigning for Mother of The Year. that dang Sade had me in tears THREE different times! boy took ME for an emotional ride thru the last 10 or so years of my life. ODDLY ENOUGH, this is her first release in TEN years....co-inky-dink? me think not.
Yes I did! I can't believe it snowed today (just in the mountains where I'm headed in a few hours). I didn't know Sade had a new CD. I'll have to listen to it soon.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Weekend at Jadmack's!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yeah!!! Anvil get that converter into a bin, please. If it is August here, I am in deep, deep pooh, as should be at my grandaughters wedding today, have missed her hen's night and no prezzie for them. Oh my God, where did this darn year go???

Yes all you snowbound, icey nosed northern hemispherites, it is Weekend at Jadmack's.

I better get the prawns, steak etc ready, check the barbie (NO, not the doll, Anvil) make the salads and a couple of Pavlovas and some long, cold drinks. Will need a few bags of ice, or you can bring a shovelful of snow with you.

Anyone for scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef, or a weekend sailing trip round the Whitsunday Islands?
Maybe just lay back and relax, let the world rush past us.

God bless
Old 02-24-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

OMGosh I am drooling at the mouth.