Coming to grips with the pain...

Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coming to grips with the pain...

It's been 2 weeks since I moved out. It's been 5 days since I found out the man I THOUGHT I knew, is a fake and a liar. Shocking right? An alcoholic, a liar???

This week, I found out that my AXBF had been signed up on an internet adult dating site, and had been since Aug, 2009. We just broke up 2 weeks ago. I am TERRIFIED of what he might have done, or what diseases he might have brought home to me, the PIG!

Now, I just want to tell EVERY LIVING SOUL what a liar, and a fake and a pig he is! How do you stop from feeling that? I pray for him, yet I want to expose him in hopes that might save him. Then, I know that only God can save him. Here I go again, doing God's work!

I have told some of my friends, my small group at church, and his brother in law about this secret life he was leading.

Now I am wondering if that was the best decision. Is that me being the codie, feeling guilty for 'telling' on him? That I feel guilty for exposing his secrets? These were choices HE made, and why shouldn't he face the consequences of HIS actions? Am I just lashing out, because of my hurt, anger and confusion??

Hurt and angry, two emotions that do NOT play well together!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have told some folks and so you are not going thru this alone, but I don't think you need to advertise it round town, for your sake...not his.

You have had a pretty hard and traumatic time lately, coping with his actions and finally leaving, so maybe this is the time to let it rest for a bit, to get calm and reclaim yourself.

He is who and what he is....nothing you can do to change his past behavior, so don't waste anymore time on him?

Spend time and effort in building a new life, freeing yourself from all the pain and hurt you suffered and letting him live as he wants.

I love Lent, because I work on issues of pain, wrongs and whatever or whoever in my life doesn't seem to be working for me......on Good Friday I leave all those issues, events, people...at the foot of the cross. I hand over my sufferings and pains to the One who knows it all and has asked me to give these things to him.

Come Easter Sunday and I begin afresh, all is new and I begin with a lovely new page.

Honestly, I have no idea how long I am on this earth, so why give this precious time of mine, into the misery of someone else's addictive chaos?

I have better and happier things to do, and so do you....go do them.

God bless
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jadmack

Thank you for your kind words, and wonderful wisdom!

Lent is a wonderful time, and its my 'first' as a new believer. I have promised myself that I will no longer put his pains, or addictions on me. Every day during Lent, I will try to stay positive, and work on my life, my goals, my dreams and honoring Christ!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

They always say having resentments against someone is like taking poison and expecting them to die.
Someday, he's going to know what a mistake he made.
Best revenge in life is living well